High speed chase teens released instead of jailed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What is really going on here… this is flat out amazing and sad!!!

It’s hard to follow the rules when they system
    Doesn’t have your back!!!

It’s no wonder good honest strong men and women in blue get discouraged in there line of work and start to slack off, I would to if I had to chase a car going 120mph and spike them to just have them walk away smiling and laughing at the cops… Stay strong fellas hopefully it will get better!!!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    What is really going on here… this is flat out amazing and sad!!!

It’s hard to follow the rules when they system
    Doesn’t have your back!!!

It’s no wonder good honest strong men and women in blue get discouraged in there line of work and start to slack off, I would to if I had to chase a car going 120mph and spike them to just have them walk away smiling and laughing at the cops… Stay strong fellas hopefully it will get better!!!

I was just talking to my wife about this today while driving through New Orleans on our way home from Gulf Shores. Imagine being a cop in NOLA for NOPD risking your life to apprehend a dangerous, violent criminal only to know he’s more than likely going to be released and back walking the streets in a week or so. That’s got to be pretty discouraging to say the least.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    "Da Pad" every Sunday night... NOPD doesn't even waste their time anymore usually. They know they aren't gonna catch them. Years ago when I was still active with street racing out there, the group I hung out with knew, all we had to do was get to the interstate, and it was game over. Head to the other spot for a few mins, then roll back once a few bets were made.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    "Da Pad" every Sunday night... NOPD doesn't even waste their time anymore usually. They know they aren't gonna catch them. Years ago when I was still active with street racing out there, the group I hung out with knew, all we had to do was get to the interstate, and it was game over. Head to the other spot for a few mins, then roll back once a few bets were made.

They do that in a lot of places. My idea was to set up spike strips in advance around the perimeter and just flatten their tires, makes catching any vehicle a lot easier. Maybe one day they will use my idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    They do that in a lot of places. My idea was to set up spike strips in advance around the perimeter and just flatten their tires, makes catching any vehicle a lot easier. Maybe one day they will use my idea.

Seems like a good way to catch a lawsuit from flaring some random persons tires for no good reason.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Seems like a good way to catch a lawsuit from flaring some random persons tires for no good reason.

Well I guess that would be the case if spike strips were placed permanently but they aren’t. They are designed to be pulled out of the way as to not harm civilian or LEO vehicles.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Spikes strips are easily avoided by a skilled driver. Most "street racers" are much better evasive drivers than alot of police officers. Remember, law enforcement doesn't know about all of the spots or whats really happening in that world. It stays well hidden especially if you come out to the B.R. area. Don't ask how I know.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Spikes strips are easily avoided by a skilled driver. Most "street racers" are much better evasive drivers than alot of police officers. Remember, law enforcement doesn't know about all of the spots or whats really happening in that world. It stays well hidden especially if you come out to the B.R. area. Don't ask how I know.
    How you know all'at?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Not true at all on both accounts. If spikes are placed in proper locations you will have no choice but to stop or drive over them. I use to tow the cars that I caught with racing tires on them because they weren’t street legal, they were always trailered to locations so they could drive like idiots and race on public streets. But what would I know

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Not true at all on both accounts. If spikes are placed in proper locations you will have no choice but to stop or drive over them. I use to tow the cars that I caught with racing tires on them because they weren’t street legal, they were always trailered to locations so they could drive like idiots and race on public streets. But what would I know

All I'm saying is when I was street racing, I never got caught. And many have tried. It's usually the young/inexperienced/and people they don't know the roads/area to well, that are always on the news from getting caught.

With all due respect man, I'm aware you are LEO and will happily give the respect you deserve, but if the real street racers don't want to let you catch em, you won't. TBH, I'd still be racing if I had my vehicle running instead of sitting behind the house with a blown motor.

I'm actually putting a motor in this car this week from street racing. Jumped a curb and busted the oil pan, floor board, and tore the driver corner up on the bumper. He didn't get caught though. Lol..

Attachments

• IMG_20220720_155435000.jpg
      IMG_20220720_155435000.jpg
      521.3 KB · Views: 70
    Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    All I'm saying is when I was street racing, I never got caught. And many have tried. It's usually the young/inexperienced/and people they don't know the roads/area to well, that are always on the news from getting caught.

With all due respect man, I'm aware you are LEO and will happily give the respect you deserve, but if the real street racers don't want to let you catch em, you won't. TBH, I'd still be racing if I had my vehicle running instead of sitting behind the house with a blown motor.

I'm actually putting a motor in this car this week from street racing. Jumped a curb and busted the oil pan, floor board, and tore the driver corner up on the bumper. He didn't get caught though. Lol..
    I had a very close friend who used to tell me the exact same thing.

Then three agencies + DPS decided to make an example out of their group of 20-30 cars.

Turns out with about 40 units, many of which were unmarked, plus a few helos, it really wasn't difficult. Every single one of them was arrested. A few caught felonies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I had a very close friend who used to tell me the exact same thing.

Then three agencies + DPS decided to make an example out of their group of 20-30 cars.

Turns out with about 40 units, many of which were unmarked, plus a few helos, it really wasn't difficult. Every single one of them was arrested. A few caught felonies.

Yeah he is still just talking about stuff he hears. The new way is done differently that when I first started. Yes we don’t catch them all but the ones that are picked out of the crowd are always caught. The new ordinance allows us to put a hold on their vehicle as well. I’ve never had one get away from us but guess I’m just lucky.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

giphy.gif

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    What agency you with? I can line up some runs in your jurisdiction. Let you prove how good you think you are....... Alright, enough cockyness .. obviously, just another cop that thinks his **** don't stink and he is special somehow. And of course Austin is gonna lick your boots. .... but whatever. This thread alone is showing me why so many people went over to the WhatsApp group.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    What agency you with? I can line up some runs in your jurisdiction. Let you prove how good you think you are....... Alright, enough cockyness .. obviously, just another cop that thinks his **** don't stink and he is special somehow. And of course Austin is gonna lick your boots. .... but whatever. This thread alone is showing me why so many people went over to the WhatsApp group.
    There's a WhatsApp group? I don't have WhatsApp but I might if I had known there was a reason worth having it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom