High speed chase teens released instead of jailed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    What agency you with? I can line up some runs in your jurisdiction. Let you prove how good you think you are....... Alright, enough cockyness .. obviously, just another cop that thinks his **** don't stink and he is special somehow. And of course Austin is gonna lick your boots. .... but whatever. This thread alone is showing me why so many people went over to the WhatsApp group.
    Dude lol with all due respect you are absolutely nuts if you think LE can’t catch every last street racer of it was a top priority. You or other may be able to outrun a few street cops responding to a call but no one is going to out run radios and helicopters. Do you you really think for a second that if you arranged some races ahead of time you and everyone involved wouldn’t be apprehended. Probably not the smartest thing to do by taunting LE with illegal activities online and talk about how you will be the one setting them up. You should know better from your previous encounters. Not trying to be a dick just trying to talk some logic to you.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What agency you with? I can line up some runs in your jurisdiction. Let you prove how good you think you are....... Alright, enough cockyness .. obviously, just another cop that thinks his **** don't stink and he is special somehow. And of course Austin is gonna lick your boots. .... but whatever. This thread alone is showing me why so many people went over to the WhatsApp group.

Lol, why are you so angry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Dude lol with all due respect you are absolutely nuts if you think LE can’t catch every last street racer of it was a top priority. You or other may be able to outrun a few street cops responding to a call but no one is going to out run radios and helicopters. Do you you really think for a second that if you arranged some races ahead of time you and everyone involved wouldn’t be apprehended. Probably not the smartest thing to do by taunting LE with illegal activities online and talk about how you will be the one setting them up. You should know better from your previous encounters. Not trying to be a dick just trying to talk some logic to you.
    It's about risk vs reward.

The risk and sheer expendure necessary to safely catch street racers just isn't worth it.

Helicopters use a lot of expensive aircraft fuel. Using them to catch some morons out there endangering themselves and the public just isn't worth it.

Plus, trying to catch and/or keep up with them just isn't safe for the public.

In short, the risk and dollar cost to catch some low-braincell street racers just isn't worth the outcome of catching them.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It's about risk vs reward.

The risk and sheer expendure necessary to safely catch street racers just isn't worth it.

Helicopters use a lot of expensive aircraft fuel. Using them to catch some morons out there endangering themselves and the public just isn't worth it.

Plus, trying to catch and/or keep up with them just isn't safe for the public.

In short, the risk and dollar cost to catch some low-braincell street racers just isn't worth the outcome of catching them.
    Oh absolutely, I agree. However I don’t think any department would back down from the challenge he proposed. I’d be willing to bet if they could they would absolutely make examples out of them.

I’m not into the whole racing thing but as far as I know most of this stuff goes on late at night or very early hours of the morning in isolated areas. I can understand completely how it’s not worth the time, money, or effort to make it a priority when most of the time they are only putting themselves in danger. I’ve even seen clips on YouTube where other street racers will block traffic to let two cars race and not let anyone pass until the race is over. The funny part is a lot of these idiots film everyone’s faces and licenses plates on cars involved lol. It’s kind of the same as the idiots who commit crimes and decide that’s a good time to go on Facebook live or post videos of them committing the crime to social media. Social media has to be a blessing for law enforcement as a whole lol too many of these dummies make it to easy.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh boy. Should I even comment here…
    They were arrested on scene and will have to go before a judge and face charges and the rest is up in the air, just as it wound be if they were locked up in juvee for a minute. Who is it that got butthurt and why? Because they didn’t get the satisfaction of locking them up? Ridiculous. I really don’t understand that mentality. They do indeed deserve whatever penalty is deemed appropriate by the judge. What’s the big deal? If it was that big of a deal that the arresting officer didn’t get to inflict some “justice” or some form of punishment and feels cheated maybe he should have just given them all a good tasting on scene before the parents got there.
    Jeezers…

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh absolutely, I agree. However I don’t think any department would back down from the challenge he proposed. I’d be willing to bet if they could they would absolutely make examples out of them.

I’m not into the whole racing thing but as far as I know most of this stuff goes on late at night or very early hours of the morning in isolated areas. I can understand completely how it’s not worth the time, money, or effort to make it a priority when most of the time they are only putting themselves in danger. I’ve even seen clips on YouTube where other street racers will block traffic to let two cars race and not let anyone pass until the race is over. The funny part is a lot of these idiots film everyone’s faces and licenses plates on cars involved lol. It’s kind of the same as the idiots who commit crimes and decide that’s a good time to go on Facebook live or post videos of them committing the crime to social media. Social media has to be a blessing for law enforcement as a whole lol too many of these dummies make it to easy.
    This is exactly what happened to my friend. They would race on a local highway at around 3AM and would essentially taunt the police. They all took their plates off the bikes and few cars and would use the cars to block the roads while getting the motorcycles up over 180 MPH (on a highway!).

Anyway, this went on for a few months and the three agencies got together with a DPS helo and ended up arresting every single one of them. They even had a bus ready to put all of them in lol.

Leafbloer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Slidell
    When the average response time for an emergency 911 is around 30 minutes and non emergency being 2 1/2 hours for NOPD is one of the main reasons I personally choose to live outside the city now that I have a family. Just today I had to call 911 non emergency for a younger man that tried to Paul Walker a 4 way intersection on my street while i was cutting grass and hit the median at about 40mph sliding into it and losing **** from under his car was 6 minutes after I hung up the phone deputies were on the scene awesome response time and attentive. No idea what happened to the man they said they would look into it and found the car down the street. Drunk, high , stolen or just joyriding I have peace of mind they at least were quick on the scene made contact and were looking for the suspect. Nothing like I had living in the city for 7 years ******* nightmare ****. Saw a man get stabbed a few times then ID the guy because he was still at the bar (Black Penny) and they said your in shock how can you be sure the guy walks past all of us into the park. Lost my faith real quick. It was a big guy I felt like they didnt want to confront even though we all were following him pointing saying thats the guy get him! Of course people are going to do illegal violent **** that causes harm of death to the public if they know the area is weak as ****.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    So, street racing aside and sticking to the post about the teens, it's not unusual to release juvenile felons if the offenses weren't violent or involving a weapon. It doesn't specify, but I'd wager it was the driver who fled on foot, and the two teens were passengers. It's hard as a passenger to not be involved in a high speed pursuit once the driver puts his right foot down, but you can't hold them responsible the same as the driver. Same for the possession of the stolen auto, prove the juvenile passengers knew it was stolen and had enough control of the situation to warrant charging them as being in possession of stolen property. They were listed as "suspected" in violent incidents in NOLA, which sounds like not enough probable cause yet for NOPD to pick them up from Opelousas, but they're identified at least. Right now, some NOPD detectives are stacking 500 open files to the side and putting on uniforms to supplement poor numbers on the street. Juvenile Detention Facility space stays pretty tight most of the time, it's not uncommon to release juveniles for felony thefts, burglaries, and pursuits unless some more violent aspect is included like violent physical resistance or possession or use of firearms during the incident. Is it aggravating to have to do so, especially when the parents act nonchalant about it as if you're just picking on their baby for some harmless, youthful shenanigans like burglary and reckless operation? Sure, it's galling to have to turn them loose with some paper, but it's a reality of the system as it stands. This article is indicative of the level of aggravation the police and public feel when teens are running rampant doing these things, and with the backdrop of all the violence in NOLA and other major cities, especially with this incident's tie-in to events in NOLA, that's no surprise, but it's trying to get mileage for someone in front of a microphone by making something very common seem catastrophic and outrageous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom