HK Mariner Magazines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I seriously considered the HK mags but ended up with the 20rd and 30rd PMAGs since they were at least half the price and easier to get. I got enough PMAGs to paint my initials on a few of them for training classes. I'd never do that to an expensive HK mag. The HK mags are $59 at Jim's Firearms!

Off topic, but I find myself using the 20rd mags more than the 30 rounders.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I've only paid $35 for my HK mags, now they are about $40, less than other places but still $ (botach.com)

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I have both Pmags and HK 30rder's. I like the concept in design of both but prefer the PMags. HK's apparently have some quality issues, are not stainless, and have no kits to rebuild them.

Another option might be CProducts SS 30's.

Jim's is WAY overpriced but I am not surprised.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I've got a couple, more of a just because type thing. I'll stick to my Pmags and OKAY USGI's for now.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    HK mags are four things I can't tolerate:

1. WAY WAY overpriced.

2. Extremely Rust Prone ( the NSW customers they were designed for rejected them)

3. HEAVY

4. Larger then GI mags (length, width and depth) they dont fit in mag pouches well or in my Redi-Mag.

Bottom line, just another over-hyped HK product. See also the MP7, HK 45, HK 416 and the LEM trigger. They don't work any better than USGI Mags with the new followers and they certainly aren't better than the P-Mags.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Persoanlly, I always wondered what all the hoopla regarding the HK magazines was all about.

Your basic government-issue aluminum magazine is perfectly adequate. That said, The P-Mags are rather impressive. I handled some of those that aroundlsu has, and a buddy gave me one a few weeks ago. The quick-ditch dust cover is a SUPERLATIVE idea, and every one of these I have tried work in my carbine just as good as the standard ones.

If I buy any more AR mags, they will be P-Mags. They do "stick" a bit in some lowers, apparently; but I imagine use will fix that.

If I'm not mistaken the "Dust Cover" is supposed to also keep the feed lips from deforming in a loaded mag. For me it is a hard choice between Pmags & Cproducts. They both have strong & weak points. The only bad points about Pmags I can come up with is they are heavier and also noisier when empty. Then how the plastic will react long term is a question, but plastics have proven themselves. The are almost impossible to jam the follower, come apart easily and the color is all the way through. C Products are a nice alum. mag.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    motivator970049.jpg

Cproducts SS mags are nice, the new Cproducts teflon finish is pretty sweet as well.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Another good option is to replace the springs and followers in GI mags with the kits from Mag-Pul. As long as the feed lips are in good shape the mags will work fine. Personally with P-Mags being about $14, I just buy those. I have about 30is of them now and haven't ever had an issue with a single one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Par7485
    Top Bottom