Holosun 407k or 507k?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Will be purchasing one of the two items shortly and was curious if anyone here has some input of them as it will be on my edc. Curious if the 2moa vs 6moa dot is a big difference as I’ve never used a dot on a handgun. Only want to buy once if possible.

This will be going on a Sig P365X

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    It'll probably just boil down to taste, which is a pain in the ass if you're not quite sure what the taste preference are just yet... The 507k will have the 32moa circle-dot reticle that you can toggle on or off (dot, circle-dot, circle-only), whereas the 407k gives you a bigger dot out of the gate. For the sake of versatility, I'd take the 507k if it were my money.

If you've got a larger handgun that can accept a normal-sized dot in any way, even if it's just a 22lr plinker with a dovetail mount, I'd recommend sticking a dot on there as well purely for training purposes. It'll take thousands of reps and many months just to get used to presenting a dot properly if you're used to shooting irons, and the micro size (like the 507k) has a really tiny window that's a bit unforgiving when getting started.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    It'll probably just boil down to taste, which is a pain in the ass if you're not quite sure what the taste preference are just yet... The 507k will have the 32moa circle-dot reticle that you can toggle on or off (dot, circle-dot, circle-only), whereas the 407k gives you a bigger dot out of the gate. For the sake of versatility, I'd take the 507k if it were my money.

If you've got a larger handgun that can accept a normal-sized dot in any way, even if it's just a 22lr plinker with a dovetail mount, I'd recommend sticking a dot on there as well purely for training purposes. It'll take thousands of reps and many months just to get used to presenting a dot properly if you're used to shooting irons, and the micro size (like the 507k) has a really tiny window that's a bit unforgiving when getting started.

I was leaning towards the 507k to be honest.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    EDC I would go with the 6 MOA for a defensive gun like a 365. Easier/quicker to get on target.

The 2 MOA is better for bullseyes target shooting or hunting

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    407k and 507k are the same optic housing. The only difference is the reticle.

The 407C and 507C are the RMR footprint optics for larger pistols.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    407k and 507k are the same optic housing. The only difference is the reticle.

The 407C and 507C are the RMR footprint optics for larger pistols.

I read 509 sorry…. 407 is 6moa dot and 507 is 2moa. Reticles can toggle between the two different ones tho.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I read 509 sorry…. 407 is 6moa dot and 507 is 2moa. Reticles can toggle between the two different ones tho.

Must be new with the X2. 6MOA should be fine. The only RDS I shot with the circle reticle was the 507C which has a much larger window. It was nice on a shotgun. Didn't really need it on a pistol.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    507 fits on a P365?!

I was referring to the smaller k version. Like Dave said, the housing is the same, the 507 has a smaller dot and multiple reticle where the 407 is just a 6moa. Get the smaller dot, I’ve had from 12moa to 1moa. Smaller is better in this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Must be new with the X2. 6MOA should be fine. The only RDS I shot with the circle reticle was the 507C which has a much larger window. It was nice on a shotgun. Didn't really need it on a pistol.

Yeah the circle dot was a little much for a pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J

JMAN_365

Ending up with the 403k-x2 and it’s built pretty damn good! 6moa dot is perfect!

J

JMAN_365

Finally got my hands on a 43x mos and debating between these 2 as well. Kinda leaning 407 since its cheaper

407 hands down! Osage County Guns has best prices….

TonyAngel

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I have a 407k and if I had it to do over again, I'd get the smaller dot. With the smaller dot, you can always turn it up to make it seem larger. There's no making the larger dot smaller unless you dim it down so you can hardly see it. I suppose you would need to take a hard look at what you'll be doing with the pistol. Believe me, the money you saved getting the 407 won't matter much if/when you discover that you would have preferred the smaller dot.

Yes, I have it on a carry gun, but still, I like to have fun with it too which means shooting at small stuff. Like golf balls ... and that's tough to do with a 6 moa dot. Honestly, I don't find the larger dot any faster than the smaller one as a general matter

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Will be purchasing one of the two items shortly and was curious if anyone here has some input of them as it will be on my edc. Curious if the 2moa vs 6moa dot is a big difference as I’ve never used a dot on a handgun. Only want to buy once if possible.

This will be going on a Sig P365X
    Good information, thanks all!

Top Bottom