Home Tv, net, phone bundles?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    I have 2 choices in my area!
    Charter & Bellsouth
    I want to do the "bundles" with TV, Internet, & Phone so I only have 1 bill.
    What would you reccomend and Why?
    I don't need HBO and all that stuff
    And The Bellsouth Uverse is still 8 months out

THanks guys

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    I hate CHARTER period, I quit them over a year now...I use ATT/Bellsouth, when the power is out such as katrina I still had phone service not so with charter, No Phone, No TV, No Internet.

With Bell/ATT hard wired phones worked without power, I had internet service when I ran my generator to power things up! My HDTV is over the air now!

I CUT THE CABLE, they loose.:madfawk:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have an AT&T bundle for home phone, internet and cell phones. The bundle savings aren't that great, maybe $15 or so. The DSL is great and rock solid. Home phone is good to. AT&T cell phone service sucks and I plan on switching companies soon.

I have Charter for cable and I HATE it. Their technologies seem to be 5 or so years behind everyone else and nothing works right. The HD channels look good, but there's only a handful of them and the basic channels look like ****.

Basically, both services suck in their own aspects. For me, the package savings isn't significant enough to base any decisions on it.

FWIW, I have Charter's expanded cable with HD channels and DVR service, but NO premium channels and I pay over $100 a month. :curse:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I will agree with the rest of the board. CHARTER SUCKS!!!!!!! I can count on my service going down at least three times a day during the summer. I have had multiple techs come out, even went as far as to contact the company Vice President, noone can seem to give me an answer as to what the problem is. The last moron was out last Sunday and his response was, "Well I guess thats just the way it goes."

I would gladly tell them to kiss every square inch of my ass, however they are the only ones that provide service in my area. So for now, I'm stuck :mad:

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    I will agree with the rest of the board. CHARTER SUCKS!!!!!!! I can count on my service going down at least three times a day during the summer. I have had multiple techs come out, even went as far as to contact the company Vice President, noone can seem to give me an answer as to what the problem is. The last moron was out last Sunday and his response was, "Well I guess thats just the way it goes."

I would gladly tell them to kiss every square inch of my ass, however they are the only ones that provide service in my area. So for now, I'm stuck :mad:

Wow....this sounds like my problem. Two years of techs, swapping boxes, replacing connectors, etc. and I STILL have the same chronic problem. A tech supervisor is supposed to call and make an appointment today for another evaluation. Guess I'll be telling him the same story all over again. :rolleyes:

The house-call techs have been very thorough and professional, but they don't know what is wrong. The last guy thinks the underground drop to my house is substandard in size compared to what they use now. Maybe the ace, tech super will figure it out. Yeah, Charter sucks at every level! :mad:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Wow....this sounds like my problem. Two years of techs, swapping boxes, replacing connectors, etc. and I STILL have the same chronic problem. A tech supervisor is supposed to call and make an appointment today for another evaluation. Guess I'll be telling him the same story all over again. :rolleyes:

Hate to bust your bubble, but the supervisors are no better. I had the lead tech for the state of Louisiana come out and work on my line. It's amazing the service you will get when you fax complaint letters to the Vice President's direct fax line twice a day for a week!!! He said everything on my end is fine, it must be something in Charter's equipment or their lines leading into my house. Of course step 1 is identifying the problem, step 2 is fixing it. 6 months later and they have yet to complete step 2. :mad::mad:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I have the AT&T bundle, dsl, home phone, 3 cell phones and direct tv, I pay 337.59 a month for everthing. Starz and hbo included in that. I enjoy my HD channels and dvr.

Top Bottom