House Passes Ban on AR Type Weapons.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    How many covid-19 vaccine deaths have there been?
    Tens-of-thousands.

How many people have suffered various health problems after receiving the vaccine?
    Hundreds-of-thousands, easily, maybe into the millions (but that would be censored).

And yet they still push the vaccine BUT fiercely attack Guns in the wake of shootings.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I think for you not to actually consider the losses is a mistake. I like you believe in the second amendment, my question is at what cost? If you think it is acceptable that innocent child lives are worth your freedoms then I feel sorry for you. I am willing to make concessions so no more families loose a child needlessly. If that is the measure of your constitutional privilege I feel sorry for you. As law abiding citizens we should stand as an example, not a threat of conflict that reflects stupidity. I would go to great lengths if an AR owned by a member of this community was picked up by a child in the home and used wrongfully. Your opinion and lack there of assures me of the lack of intelligence in this community. Based in response alone the weapons should be removed
    If you magically rounded up every gun in the country, what’s to stop the mentality I’ll from using pipe bombs, poison, knives, cars, on and on? Sorry to tell you but crazy people will do crazy crap.

You are quick to judge: Fun little fact for you buddy… I don’t own a single gun that would be included in this ban, however I’m smart enough to know this bill will not save lives!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You’re in the wrong place. You’re wrong in your assumptions. You will find no sympathizers here. We all know that anyone hell bent on killing people will kill those people by whatever means they make available. Whether a truck or car or pressure cooker full of fireworks or a knife or a gun. You are part of the machine to disarm Americans, willing or not, planned or not. You are part of it. You spit the same disproven hype as all the other brainwashed pawns pushing for nonsense and loss of freedoms. You are the idiot in the room.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Before we infringe on the 2A rights, lets change the penal code to prevent the loss of orders of magnitude more lives than school and church shootings. I propose anyone committing a crime with a weapon should be sentenced to life, and anyone committing murder should be executed.

Recidivism is getting worse, but in the eyes of the judicial system (excluding the cops, mainly the prosecutors, judges and parole boards) black lives (and other colors) don't really matter - only the rights of convicted criminals.

By the way, I figured a ban on ARs and regular capacity mags would only affect 5-6% of my guns, but I'm still against any attack on the 2nd. Once you start down that road, momentum builds and it's hard to stop until the entire Bill of Rights and Constitution are threatened by "reasonable compromises."

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    The Republicans will not go along with increasing the jail population, it cost to much money. Look how fast they caved in the legislature to save those $. No one spends time in jail - at arrest or conviction.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This is a push before midterms to paint republicans as school shooter sympathizer’s to protect their own rights. The legislation will not pass, and was thrown as a simple Hail Mary to help Biden recover from his failed promises and low approval rating. As many would agree I’m sure, it seems unreasonable that a 20 year old white male can walk into a gun store and walk out with the power to destroy lives for being misunderstood. Some kind of responsible legislation needs to be passed, maybe background checks that take a few months of waiting. People have the right to own guns, but not the right to swing psychologically to a point they can murder children and innocent people in a moment. I guess is it reasonable for our freedom to equal that sacrifice? I guess as long as they are not our family members it’s all good?
    This guy is a lost cause and not worth any of our time. Either he is ignorant and unwilling to look at facts vs feelings, or he is a troll. Proceed how you may, but it is typically better to not give any attention to people like him.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    I believe that you can pass all of the gun control laws that you want but just remember that you cannot "legislate morality".. If someone is up to no good do you honestly think any of these "feel good gun control" laws will slow them down much less stop them. The only thing that might help would be mandatory laws with mandatory sentences that are "SWIFTLY" carried out before the limp wristed panty waisted lawyers and judges get involved in putting these "vermin" back on the streets and back into our communities. And if need be then put them back into custody.. Without some sort of swift and meaningful measures things will not change anytime in the future...... .... drill sgt.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Gun control laws don’t fight crime or prevent it from happening. All gun laws do is hurt the law abiding citizens and effectively make it harder for them to operate amongst the law.

No gun control laws would have prevented any of these mass shootings. They are disgusting and we can all agree on that but instead of talking about inanimate objects we need to talk about the people that are doing it, what is possibly causing them to do it, and when someone is arrested for a violent crime or some sort of crime with a weapon we should keep them in jail and or prison instead of let them out within a week or two.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    First its a few months then years then forever.
    This 100%. Some of us are old enough to remember when they were trying to pass seat belt laws here. Originally they said not wearing a seatbelt wouldn't be grounds to pull someone over, some other driving infraction had to also occur. We see how that worked out for everyone.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    This 100%. Some of us are old enough to remember when they were trying to pass seat belt laws here. Originally they said not wearing a seatbelt wouldn't be grounds to pull someone over, some other driving infraction had to also occur. We see how that worked out for everyone.
    Before the 1964 law you could buy a gun and have it sent to your home or work. No FFL or 4473

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Before the 1964 law you could buy a gun and have it sent to your home or work. No FFL or 4473
    Yep, remember all the shootings before the background checks, waiting periods, and 4473s? Me either. Something else changed in our society, and it wasn't access to guns. I had a shotgun mounted in the back window of my truck on school property, like many other people, and no one batted an eye.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    “I'm thinking you're either a troll looking to try to "red flag" people on Gun forums, or you're a troll looking to "red flag" people on Gun forums.”
    Psmith-July 4,2022. What does that tell you.
    Good lookin' out!

Registered an account on July 4th '22.
    When We The People were disrupted with another shooting, the accusatory left show up like basic Karens, blaming innocent Americans.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    According to NIH, in 2020, almost 92,000 OD deaths, 56,000 of them fentanyl.
    According to gunviolencearchve.org, in 2020, 19,500 willful, malicious and accidental gun deaths, and no 2020 number for suicides, but it looks pretty consistent at about 24,000 per most previous years, so approximately 45,000 total gun deaths in 2020.

Top Bottom