House Passes Ban on AR Type Weapons.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob196454

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Just for giggles lets look at real numbers before we call this an epidemic or some other silly word that doesn't apply. If you don't like this source then find one you do like. I've checked many and they're consistant. Deaths from mass shootings are just north of 1,000 In the last 40 YEARS. Given a US population of more than 330,000,000 I'd say that this is not the crisis they claim. The premise also assumes that 100% of these events were with AR-15s, which we know to be false.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...the-united-states-by-fatalities-and-injuries/
    It's a mental health problem

Bob196454

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Simple argument. Would probably stump a 15 year old. Guns exist. Even if YOU disarm, the guns will be there for others willing to break the law to obtain them. Pandora's box. I'm sorry for those who lost children to firearms. And car wrecks. And child abuse. And poor medical treatment. And....... Each one of these "talking points" is attempting to disarm LEGAL citizens. Read a history book and find out what happens when the citizens are disarmed and left to the mercy of leaders and their military. Or, maybe you are just playing devil's advocate.....
    True

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I think for you not to actually consider the losses is a mistake. I like you believe in the second amendment, my question is at what cost? If you think it is acceptable that innocent child lives are worth your freedoms then I feel sorry for you. I am willing to make concessions so no more families loose a child needlessly. If that is the measure of your constitutional privilege I feel sorry for you. As law abiding citizens we should stand as an example, not a threat of conflict that reflects stupidity. I would go to great lengths if an AR owned by a member of this community was picked up by a child in the home and used wrongfully. Your opinion and lack there of assures me of the lack of intelligence in this community. Based in response alone the weapons should be removed
    This is entirely the wrong attitude and thought process. We just had a baby killed by the mom. No gun. Guns ARE NOT the problem. People kill people with whatever they have available, even a carpenter's hammer, baseball bat, or rock. I seen too remember many people being killed by drunks in cars, one even drove through a parade, are you saying cars should be banned? If course you aren't, because YOU like your car and you haven't killed anyone on purpose with it. Apply your logic to every possession you have, ban you hammer, bat, car, knives, ice picks, well, you get the picture. This side comment of "as long as it isn't" my kid, your kid, whatever, does nothing to move forward a solution. Uvalde shooter was identified 2 years before and interviewed by the FBI and they did not put out a warning to the law enforcement community, nor did they warn school officials that he said he was going to shoot up a school when he turned 18. He did. FBI asked him how they could keep him from carrying it out. He said "put me on a watchlist" they didn't. Call them and complain about logical measures.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I think for you not to actually consider the losses is a mistake. I like you believe in the second amendment, my question is at what cost? If you think it is acceptable that innocent child lives are worth your freedoms then I feel sorry for you. I am willing to make concessions so no more families loose a child needlessly. If that is the measure of your constitutional privilege I feel sorry for you. As law abiding citizens we should stand as an example, not a threat of conflict that reflects stupidity. I would go to great lengths if an AR owned by a member of this community was picked up by a child in the home and used wrongfully. Your opinion and lack there of assures me of the lack of intelligence in this community. Based in response alone the weapons should be removed
    Are you willing to make a concession, get rid of any "weapon" you have in your house to include cutting instrument / ice picks, clubbing implements, etc... then post a sign in your yard stating that you have compromised and gotten rid of anything you could use in self defense? If not, your opinion does not carry any weight. Go look up a jew from Germany, Poland, etc... that survived. Then ask them about the government banning or taking weapons from citizens. Until you learn from history you will never understand these small compromises and where they eventually lead.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Are you willing to make a concession, get rid of any "weapon" you have in your house to include cutting instrument / ice picks, clubbing implements, etc... then post a sign in your yard stating that you have compromised and gotten rid of anything you could use in self defense? If not, your opinion does not carry any weight. Go look up a jew from Germany, Poland, etc... that survived. Then ask them about the government banning or taking weapons from citizens. Until you learn from history you will never understand these small compromises and where they
    I believe that you can pass all of the gun control laws that you want but just remember that you cannot "legislate morality".. If someone is up to no good do you honestly think any of these "feel good gun control" laws will slow them down much less stop them. The only thing that might help would be mandatory laws with mandatory sentences that are "SWIFTLY" carried out before the limp wristed panty waisted lawyers and judges get involved in putting these "vermin" back on the streets and back into our communities. And if need be then put them back into custody.. Without some sort of swift and meaningful measures things will not change anytime in the future...... .... drill sgt.
    I agree with this statement. There are so many laws on the books right now that deal with this you can't count them up in normal conversation. If they would enforce what is there already, there wouldn't be nearly as much fun crime going on. Much less repeat offenders.

MSST8DOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Yep, remember all the shootings before the background checks, waiting periods, and 4473s? Me either. Something else changed in our society, and it wasn't access to guns. I had a shotgun mounted in the back window of my truck on school property, like many other people, and no one batted an eye.
    And left the truck unlocked while you were in school!

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    For what it's worth both of our Senators responses to my no vote request said that they will be voting No

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This will not go well for the tyrannical government passing bills like this
    If anything happens in this regard, I would wager it would come from the left before the right because the right has too much to lose and are too busy trying to live their own lives. We have families, jobs, and fear of being targeted for political persecution. They have us right under their thumb. They know that as long as they don't push things too fast, we'll just take it in stride and keep the "vote harder" mentality.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, they’ve given standard capacity mags an acronym similar to LBGQTUV or whatever and the ban would allow you to keep what you currently have but disallow the sale to anyone else?
    And supposedly rifles woukd be grandfathered as well with it being ok to sell… supposedly.
    What worries me is it sounds like any semiauto rifle, by description, would fall under the ban. This is reminiscent of the 90’s ban in that simply having one or more “defining traits” wound up putting all sorts of rifles and shotguns on the banned list.
    I still don’t know if the old street sweeper is currently considered a “destructive device” and still outlawed, if so, why? When there are so many shotguns with bigger detachable drum mags now. I’m about at my limit with these bureaucrats dictating what I can own anyway. Buncha <o<ksu<kers!
    Does anyone know if the street sweeper is still outlawed? Asking for a friend…

Attachments

• FF0F03E8-8B8D-4B9B-898F-EAB74FEDFAF7.png
      FF0F03E8-8B8D-4B9B-898F-EAB74FEDFAF7.png
      225.8 KB · Views: 63

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, they’ve given standard capacity mags an acronym similar to LBGQTUV or whatever and the ban would allow you to keep what you currently have but disallow the sale to anyone else?
    And supposedly rifles woukd be grandfathered as well with it being ok to sell… supposedly.
    What worries me is it sounds like any semiauto rifle, by description, would fall under the ban. This is reminiscent of the 90’s ban in that simply having one or more “defining traits” wound up putting all sorts of rifles and shotguns on the banned list.
    I still don’t know if the old street sweeper is currently considered a “destructive device” and still outlawed, if so, why? When there are so many shotguns with bigger detachable drum mags now. I’m about at my limit with these bureaucrats dictating what I can own anyway. Buncha <o<ksu<kers!
    Does anyone know if the street sweeper is still outlawed? Asking for a friend…

Appears to still be a destructive device. If I remember correctly, this was not part of the AWB. It was a reclassification by BATF for this and I think another military style shotgun around the same time as the 94 AWB.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Appears to still be a destructive device. If I remember correctly, this was not part of the AWB. It was a reclassification by BATF for this and I think another military style shotgun around the same time as the 94 AWB.
    Yeah? Man, thank you. I just remember my friend had a nice SAS version that suddenly became illegal to possess. Really sucks that it can’t see the light of day and I can own 12 round drums and bigger for my Saiga that’s actually a better operating setup..
    Shall not be infringed bro!

Top Bottom