Houseboat/Camp Questions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skrueball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Lacombe, LA
    This is a crosspost from LA Sportsman...
    p1376259959334177.jpg

Everyone has seen a 'floating camp' in Louisiana right? Basically a barge with some walls and a roof..some more elaborate, some not.
    My questions are:
    What are the regulations??
    Where can I moor it and where can't I?
    Anchor only?
    Can I tie it to a tree?
    Do I need a license? I assume not if it doesn't have a motor.
    What keeps someone from stealing it/using it when I'm not there?
    There are some camps tied up to some pilings in the mouth of the Tchefuncte River.. Do I need permission from the piling owner to do that too? How do I find out who that owner is?
    A lot of questions here but LAWLF and website says to call office...I called office and they want specific info...I don't have specific info, I want general info before I can get specific info....

Thanks for any input!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    There are several different scenarios.

In the basin you rent or buy the land .. purchase permits or win them in lottery..
    on grand river, outside the basin ours is leased from school board, or purchased from owners depending on exact location..

I suggest, you find the location you like and ask the nearest person camped there..

I have one, but mine is even different yet, I am on leased land that is in our hunting lease..

Skrueball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Lacombe, LA
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking somewhere in the Pearl or even out in the middle of the marsh somewhere.
    How do you find out what is available for lease from the school board or apply for the lottery?
    Would you mind saying what you're paying for a lease?

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You can park it on LA State land, but you have to move after so many months. You can move just yards, and that should be fine. I suggest you call the LA Dept of Wildlife and Fish. They can tell you where you can moore, and for how long before you have to move it.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    AS for keeping people out. I had one and after several break ins We started leaving the door unlocked so it wouldn't be kicked in. After that we would ocasionally find that some one had slept there and left dirty dishes in the sink. No big deal. Don't leave any thing of great value there.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom