How long before the next run on guns and ammo ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Everybody get a screenshot of this post, my man gonna need some salt and pepper on that crow..lol
    Guns and ammo have been selling at higher rates than ever.
    It slowed up a little but never really slowed down. All of your first time gun buyers already for the most part bought a gun or three and some ammo to go with it. We might see a small uptick in sales but I don’t think we’ll see bare shelves. I was at Academy yesterday and the shelves were slap full of everything you could imagine. They also had two large pusher carts full of ammo on the ammo isle as well as another behind the gun counter.

I just bought a G19 on Thursday from academy. 10% military discount plus an additional 5 % off using my academy cc. The pistol case was full. They had 7 G19s alone. When talking to the guys behind the gun counter yesterday they said they haven’t noticed much of an increase in sales at all. One guy told me if anything it’s slowed down from where it once was. After the Texas school shooting, Biden saying 9mm will blow your lungs out, then him addressing the nation tell us our rights aren’t absolute or guaranteed I thought the same thing, that we would see another big rush. Every FFL I talk to though tells me that’s not really the case.

Now I do think if the left gets their way and passes any of these tyrannical bills such as a magazine ban or more limitations on handguns that may just put us over the top and we’ll see another.

With current inflation and gas prices I don’t think your average American has the cash to stock up the way they would like too. My grocery bill went up just over $100 a week and we literally buy the same stuff every week. We’re spending right over $300 a week for myself, my wife, and twin 4 year olds. On top of that we’re spending about $130 a week on gas. Just six months ago or so our grocery bill was only around $200 a week and we were spending about $60 a week on gas.

If you’re not stocked on ammo, magazines or have some guns you’d still like (don’t we all lol) then if you can afford it I would get it now. When all of this madness first happen like I mentioned earlier I thought we would probably see an increase in sales. Maybe it just hasn’t started yet? Only time will tell I suppose.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Guns and ammo have been selling at higher rates than ever.
    It slowed up a little but never really slowed down. All of your first time gun buyers already for the most part bought a gun or three and some ammo to go with it. We might see a small uptick in sales but I don’t think we’ll see bare shelves. I was at Academy yesterday and the shelves were slap full of everything you could imagine. They also had two large pusher carts full of ammo on the ammo isle as well as another behind the gun counter.

I just bought a G19 on Thursday from academy. 10% military discount plus an additional 5 % off using my academy cc. The pistol case was full. They had 7 G19s alone. When talking to the guys behind the gun counter yesterday they said they haven’t noticed much of an increase in sales at all. One guy told me if anything it’s slowed down from where it once was. After the Texas school shooting, Biden saying 9mm will blow your lungs out, then him addressing the nation tell us our rights aren’t absolute or guaranteed I thought the same thing, that we would see another big rush. Every FFL I talk to though tells me that’s not really the case.

Now I do think if the left gets their way and passes any of these tyrannical bills such as a magazine ban or more limitations on handguns that may just put us over the top and we’ll see another.

With current inflation and gas prices I don’t think your average American has the cash to stock up the way they would like too. My grocery bill went up just over $100 a week and we literally buy the same stuff every week. We’re spending right over $300 a week for myself, my wife, and twin 4 year olds. On top of that we’re spending about $130 a week on gas. Just six months ago or so our grocery bill was only around $200 a week and we were spending about $60 a week on gas.

If you’re not stocked on ammo, magazines or have some guns you’d still like (don’t we all lol) then if you can afford it I would get it now. When all of this madness first happen like I mentioned earlier I thought we would probably see an increase in sales. Maybe it just hasn’t started yet? Only time will tell I suppose.
    Considering where we’ve seen prices range to, especially for ammo, and current prices being the lowest we’ve seen for ammo that’s in stock all over, it won’t take Much of a push to have them skyrocket again. The Dems have it another two years and are hell bent on passing some gun control. Couple that with all the war hype and these school shootings… I’m surprise anyone is hoping for better.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Considering where we’ve seen prices range to, especially for ammo, and current prices being the lowest we’ve seen for ammo that’s in stock all over, it won’t take Much of a push to have them skyrocket again. The Dems have it another two years and are hell bent on passing some gun control. Couple that with all the war hype and these school shootings… I’m surprise anyone is hoping for better.
    I believe you are right. Time will tell and hopefully you are wrong.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The Dems need SOMETHING to use for the mid-terms . This shooting was a perfect opportunity for them . And it takes the spotlight away from all of the bad things they either created or allowed to happen .

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I was in Bass Pro Sunday, and they had a lot of ammo on the shelf. It was nice to see a variety, even 380acp. Prices were ok. I guess I'm like everyone else in that we are getting used to the high prices and now aren't so alarming. Not cheap but not butt- rape prices either.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I am already Panic Buying. Not sure why. I give it 15 years tops and we are going to be forced to turn in Semi Autos or go to jail.
    Option C: Stand up and fight for your rights. Let them pick up your weapons/gear off your body. I don't know about you, but my Oath to protect the constitution against all enemies, foreign AND domestic, expires upon the date of my death. Not the date of my Discharge.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just left academy in Gretna. Shelves are still slapped full of ammo of any and everything you can imagine. Gun counter is filled with guns. Talking to one of the guys behind the desk he said they’ve noticed a slight uptick but nothing crazy.

Hopefully things stay this way. If Biden gets his way and is able to ban lake city ammo sales to civilians that would certainly cause some of the 223/5.56 supply to dry up and be more expensive than it already is.

Top Bottom