How safe are our families?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    How safe are our families? Most gun guys have no problem spending money on firearms, gear, and training. We make sure we have short guns, long guns, and everything in between to defend our families from danger.

A couple weeks ago, while I was working, someone kept driving a truck up and down our street. This person stopped in front of our house, got out of the truck and aggressively walked to the gate. Our yard is completely fenced in allowing my dog to meet him at the sidewalk. My Catahoula is protective, quite intimidating and is very quick to let someone know that she's ready to tear their throat out if needed.

My wife opened our front door asking the guy if he needed something. He had a convincing story about having only a lot number and no address to a house that needed window screens. He thought our house might be the one that needed window screens.

Two days later a friend with the local PD passed by and informed me that a house two doors down was burglarized that same day. The suspect vehicle used in that burglary is the same one that was at my house first.

What would have happened if the guy was able to make it to the door? We don't have a way of knowing, but we certainly know what could have happened. My wife is trained to use a firearm defensively and had one easily accessible to protect herself and our infant son.

The bottom line is that we are not always available to defend our families. No bad guy wants to target the guy on the porch with his combat rifle slung, but they will target our spouse or children while we are away. We need to teach our family members how to recognize and avoid danger, but more importantly, they need to be taught to prevail in violent encounters.

During the months of March and April, I'm offering a 35% discount for females who are interested in taking the Introduction to Defensive Shooting course on a weekday. This is a private 3 hour course taught on a private range. These shooters will also have the ability to go on and take an all female concealed handgun permit certification course offered in April.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Also saw a home burglary on the news yesterday that occured in the Sanctuary neighborhood (VERY upscale) in Mandeville. Any time, anywhere...

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Thats one reason I cut the grass with my Glock 21 on my side. So all the hoodlums in my neighbor hood see that I am ALWAYS armed. Dont live in a good place so I need to set an example. They all know me and my wife are armed at all times.

Top Bottom