How the NRA won - Yahoo "News"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    http://news.yahoo.com/nra-won-062400047.html

Glad to see they are thinking they have lost, but the reasoning is such cr@p.

"There's no denying it: The National Rifle Association has won — again. Even though more than 3,000 Americans have died via gun violence since 20 children and 6 adults were murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary in December, the NRA has somehow managed to triumph. The victims' families and gun control advocates have lost. Forget an assault weapons ban — or any other serious gun regulation. It's not happening."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Somehow" managed to triumph. :rolleyes:

____ them.

Punish people like US for things we have not and are not doing? Again- ____ them.

I just wish more and more people would be willing to shout them down when they try and sell this guilt-trip bull$hit. That's an outrageous lie- and they all know it. Don't tell me I'm somehow "responsible" for the maniacs you are all-too willing to protect & throw back out into society. :madfawk:

Don't give them a millimeter.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And for a change the Comments Section reflects something other than FAR LEFT<

I've been noticing that lately. I always hated yahoo b/c like the others every article is written in an attempt to convince me to see it their way instead of just writing out the facts and letting me see the content.

Anyway the comment section usually reflected the same as the writer.

LATELY though, the comment section is slap full of what you see in this particular comment section about this article.

I now often seem to find myself agreeing with the highest voted comments.

Change?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wish I could design the questions to ALL these "scientific" polls everyone uses to skew the facts!

But, hey; if by consensus, people still think professional wrestling is real; or believe that prank shows don't pat down their actor/victims before scaring them with "legitimate actions to justify homicide", or the Kardashins are talented and not whores; I guess that old trick still works.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    or the Kardashins are talented and not whores;

but.....are they talented whores...? ...
    m1703.gif

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I wish I could design the questions to ALL these "scientific" polls everyone uses to skew the facts!

But, hey; if by consensus, people still think professional wrestling is real; or believe that prank shows don't pat down their actor/victims before scaring them with "legitimate actions to justify homicide", or the Kardashins are talented and not whores; I guess that old trick still works.

If you follow the links about the poll the sent out. They asked people if BG checks were required at guns shows or private party sales (truthfully yes and no, respectively), but the way the writer made it sound is that the correct answer to both was "no."

So when the blind write the poll, read the poll, and interpret the poll, I'm sure there are all kinds of conclusions that could be drawn.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you follow the links about the poll the sent out. They asked people if BG checks were required at guns shows or private party sales (truthfully yes and no, respectively), but the way the writer made it sound is that the correct answer to both was "no."

So when the blind write the poll, read the poll, and interpret the poll, I'm sure there are all kinds of conclusions that could be drawn.

Only polls that seek to measure sincere sentiments from it's respondents are written by the "blind!"

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but the NRA did not win. The American people won......... That is, if the dem's gun bill doesn't even make it to the floor. There are some waek Repubs out there that might cave from Obama's pressure. We aren't out of the woods yet fellas. Keep up the fight.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    What most anti-gunners fail to realize is that the NRA is not some faceless organization dedicated to evil - it's people like all of us on this board, people who just want to live there lives without interference. This isn't some amorphous "gun lobby" - it's your friends and neighbors.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond

and THIS, people, is what is referred to as PROPAGANDA. Just like the momentary illusion of an AR 15 being the gun used at Sandy Hook.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom