Hydroxychloroquine and Coronavirus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Another good look at hydroxychloroquine and its potential as a coronavirus ameliorant.

https://youtu.be/iUvxw4958vc
    Good info. I’m seen a few docs order Azithromycin IV on a few Covid patients but it’s hard to tell if it’s working because of so many factors. Without going into controls and the scientific process, placebo, etc, I’ll just say that it’s been given without much thought and just thrown into the mix at times. As with any other illness, physicians will take different routes in treating patients. We have not used any Hydroxycut (yeah, that’s what we are sarcastically calling Hydroxychloroquine) however. The main idea I’m trying to express is that the meds suggested are possible avenues to help the body survive the effects of the virus. They’re not a cure. Your body is the only potential producer of the cure....the antibody.
    I was talking last week with a ID (infectious diseases) doctor that I’ve worked with since the 90’s and I trust more than most. We were hashing out the simple facts that people have ignored about the virus, mostly that it’s a virus believe it or not. It has to play by virus rules. I may be repeating myself here a bit as I know I’ve heard myself saying that for weeks now. Anyway, she started talking about strains and inoculation and corona viruses over the past decade. Simply put, you get inoculated either by surviving infection or by being vaccinated. The vaccine is not a medicine, it’s a beat down and mostly harmless version of the virus that is introduced into your body in a controlled manner to prompt your immune system into cooking up the antibodies for this particular strain so you can fight it off on your own if exposed later on. The whole process is fairly quick. Some people feel crappy and run a mild fever until the body has the found the fix and you’re done. Your body retains these antibodies and stockpiles them in the event you’re ever faced by that enemy again. Ok, here’s the kicker: theoretically and quite possibly, the people we see that have zero or negligible symptoms after exposure have quite literally built up an immunity simply because they’ve received the flu shot every season for the past decade or longer. They’ve been inoculated at some point to whatever in this virus’s DNA that makes it tick and gives it the boot.
    Whether this strain of the corona virus was produced by nature or in a lab, it appears to have started in a country where healthcare is a world apart from that in our country. I think it’s safe to say they don’t have the same vaccination programs in Red China.

Some viruses have been all but eradicated here in the US by way of vaccination. At a young age I was inoculated against a handful of viruses either by vaccine or infection.
    Smallpox, Polio, Mumps, (sister had it) Measles, (other sister had it) Rubella, Chicken Pox (I had that one) and a few others are viruses that we’ve given the boot after they took their toll on mankind at some point. Not so in other countries and the fact that we run the risk of a foreigner infected with any of those viruses may jet hop over here (or tunnel under the Trump wall) and share the love, so to speak, is reason enough for the CDC to recommend vaccinating children against these diseases to this day.
    Anyway, I digress a bit here, what she said was basically that we are gonna have to weather this thing out and the rest was a bunch of heartless stuff that is likely true but delivered in a way that most folks can’t digest, as it comes from a purely scientific point of view. There may or may not be a successful vaccine on the horizon. We always seem to be about a year behind the flu bug tho, so who knows.

Btw, as I said, some of this is theoretical. I’m not touting to have the answers but I think I have a pretty good idea of where we are headed. But if anyone needs to see my credentials, suffice it to say that I’ve practiced in acute and critical care settings and continued education for the past 32 years. That and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at least once in my life.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    here’s the kicker: theoretically and quite possibly, the people we see that have zero or negligible symptoms after exposure have quite literally built up an immunity simply because they’ve received the flu shot every season for the past decade or longer. They’ve been inoculated at some point to whatever in this virus’s DNA that makes it tick and gives it the boot.

Now that is a fascinating hypothesis! I really enjoyed reading your post, many of us are desperate for some honest and unbiased and politics-free truth these days. Thank you!

Would love to hear your thoughts on this desire for everyone to rush back to work/life and pretend to get back to normal while the curve hasn't even been flattened yet. Just speaking for myself, although my cabin fever is reaching a breaking point, I am really concerned that we're going to see another spike, particularly across the South, in about a month and will have to start the process all over again.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Now that is a fascinating hypothesis! I really enjoyed reading your post, many of us are desperate for some honest and unbiased and politics-free truth these days. Thank you!

Would love to hear your thoughts on this desire for everyone to rush back to work/life and pretend to get back to normal while the curve hasn't even been flattened yet. Just speaking for myself, although my cabin fever is reaching a breaking point, I am really concerned that we're going to see another spike, particularly across the South, in about a month and will have to start the process all over again.
    Thanks for the interest. Just one of the many conversations that I’ve had with those involved on the frontline. This is new to everyone on the planet and totally open for discussion and discovery!
    As far as the reset, yeah, I wish I could find that meme...
    Basically it’s a person standing in the door of their house wearing a mask and stating,
    Something like, ‘yeah, go ahead, I’m just gonna stay here and see what happens’
    That’s about how I feel.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Magdump, I’ve heard from some medical folks that they think this thing is out and about by as much as a factor of 50x’s the known positives. We know they are finding deaths possibly as early as January (late Jan). What are the thoughts of the professionals you work with regarding that?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Good info. I’m seen a few docs order Azithromycin IV on a few Covid patients but it’s hard to tell if it’s working because of so many factors. Without going into controls and the scientific process, placebo, etc, I’ll just say that it’s been given without much thought and just thrown into the mix at times. As with any other illness, physicians will take different routes in treating patients. We have not used any Hydroxycut (yeah, that’s what we are sarcastically calling Hydroxychloroquine) however. The main idea I’m trying to express is that the meds suggested are possible avenues to help the body survive the effects of the virus. They’re not a cure. Your body is the only potential producer of the cure....the antibody.
    I was talking last week with a ID (infectious diseases) doctor that I’ve worked with since the 90’s and I trust more than most. We were hashing out the simple facts that people have ignored about the virus, mostly that it’s a virus believe it or not. It has to play by virus rules. I may be repeating myself here a bit as I know I’ve heard myself saying that for weeks now. Anyway, she started talking about strains and inoculation and corona viruses over the past decade. Simply put, you get inoculated either by surviving infection or by being vaccinated. The vaccine is not a medicine, it’s a beat down and mostly harmless version of the virus that is introduced into your body in a controlled manner to prompt your immune system into cooking up the antibodies for this particular strain so you can fight it off on your own if exposed later on. The whole process is fairly quick. Some people feel crappy and run a mild fever until the body has the found the fix and you’re done. Your body retains these antibodies and stockpiles them in the event you’re ever faced by that enemy again. Ok, here’s the kicker: theoretically and quite possibly, the people we see that have zero or negligible symptoms after exposure have quite literally built up an immunity simply because they’ve received the flu shot every season for the past decade or longer. They’ve been inoculated at some point to whatever in this virus’s DNA that makes it tick and gives it the boot.
    Whether this strain of the corona virus was produced by nature or in a lab, it appears to have started in a country where healthcare is a world apart from that in our country. I think it’s safe to say they don’t have the same vaccination programs in Red China.

Some viruses have been all but eradicated here in the US by way of vaccination. At a young age I was inoculated against a handful of viruses either by vaccine or infection.
    Smallpox, Polio, Mumps, (sister had it) Measles, (other sister had it) Rubella, Chicken Pox (I had that one) and a few others are viruses that we’ve given the boot after they took their toll on mankind at some point. Not so in other countries and the fact that we run the risk of a foreigner infected with any of those viruses may jet hop over here (or tunnel under the Trump wall) and share the love, so to speak, is reason enough for the CDC to recommend vaccinating children against these diseases to this day.
    Anyway, I digress a bit here, what she said was basically that we are gonna have to weather this thing out and the rest was a bunch of heartless stuff that is likely true but delivered in a way that most folks can’t digest, as it comes from a purely scientific point of view. There may or may not be a successful vaccine on the horizon. We always seem to be about a year behind the flu bug tho, so who knows.

Btw, as I said, some of this is theoretical. I’m not touting to have the answers but I think I have a pretty good idea of where we are headed. But if anyone needs to see my credentials, suffice it to say that I’ve practiced in acute and critical care settings and continued education for the past 32 years. That and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at least once in my life.

Hence the term “practicing medicine”. I never really truly understood what it meant until hearing a few doctors tell stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hence the term *practicing medicine*. I never really truly understood what it meant until hearing a few doctors tell stories

I have often pondered we (the collective), give the medical field way too much sway on certain things. That it no way implies I believe they "practice" voodoo, but it does make me wonder how some are as highly regarded and are the last word on things in this country as a whole?

To clarify even further, I have been misdiagnosed, my mother has (cost her her life), brothers, and many friends. These doctors are humans. Just like teachers. Policeman. Take your pick. Some are generations above others, and some are misinformed, old and stuck in their ways (still using old school reflex hammers), some don't learn new techniques, keep up with new findings, or even read anymore, etc.

The initials Dr. don't guarantee any level of skill in their particular field, hence the term; getting a second opinion!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have often pondered we (the collective), give the medical field way too much sway on certain things. That it no way implies I believe they "practice" voodoo, but it does make me wonder how some are as highly regarded and are the last word on things in this country as a whole?

To clarify even further, I have been misdiagnosed, my mother has (cost her her life), brothers, and many friends. These doctors are humans. Just like teachers. Policeman. Take your pick. Some are generations above others, and some are misinformed, old and stuck in their ways (still using old school reflex hammers), some don't learn new techniques, keep up with new findings, or even read anymore, etc.

The initials Dr. don't guarantee any level of skill in their particular field, hence the term; getting a second opinion!

I’m fortunate in that I personally know my doctor because my wife was his nurse. I will ask him about articles I read and he is well informed on new stuff going on. My wife would get on to us because we would talk to long and would put him behind seeing other patients.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I think doctors like everyone else are human, unfortunately the human nature and the drive to become a doctor tends to come with traits make doctors proportionately more susceptible to confirmation bias. My mom has a weight problem some of which can be solved by the fork some not so much. For years she was just told that she should exercise more and eat better. She has asthma to boot so when she started complaining she couldn’t breath they didn’t give it much thought but she knew this was different and finally decided it was too important to trust her doctors and insisted on a scan. Turned out her Thyroid had a growth the size of a baseball.

Doctors are smart they couldn’t get to this point not being smart but ego and self promotion comes for us all from time to time.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx

Practice law, practice medicine. Too much gray and not enough black and white. As far a treatment for covid, if I were infected and my doc said you can try this or die...he can inject me with JP5 and stick a lit wick in my wiener.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Magdump, I’ve heard from some medical folks that they think this thing is out and about by as much as a factor of 50x’s the known positives. We know they are finding deaths possibly as early as January (late Jan). What are the thoughts of the professionals you work with regarding that?
    No more than what I’ve heard recently on the news talking about possible cases in California BUT I’m skeptical, as are many others in that there would most likely have been exponentially more cases in the area that would have drawn attention from the CDC ultimately. Even when there’s not a pandemic about, things get reported through medical billing and so forth and statistics are created very quickly, almost in real time. I’m of the consensus that those stats weren’t evident of an outbreak in January, but when people want to see something they can usually just barely make it out in the fog.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hence the term *practicing medicine*. I never really truly understood what it meant until hearing a few doctors tell stories

LMAO!
    Well, practicing=performing in this case but yeah. I’ll try to other comments down the page here. The world of medicine is very vast. So expansive that it takes an average of 8 years of college and a few years of residency (3-7 depending on specialty area) before I will even begin to call someone Doctor and even then I don’t revere them as anything other than a fallible man (or woman). It’s a shame when a physician doesn’t continue their education past the classroom setting. It’s mandatory for nurses to keep their licensure, albeit minimal. Any 40-60 hr a week nurse will tell you that it never ends. Especially if they work in any critical area where certification comes into play. The CCRN was more difficult than state boards and I studied for months for that certification. I also have to continue that education throughout the year to keep it. That alone has demanded hundreds of hours that gets documented with certificates that you turn in to keep the certification. Physicians that truly practice medicine are in the same boat but it’s a cruise ship compared to us. They go to symposiums and dinners and other ‘by invitation only’ events and learn new techniques from colleagues on the job. And still, a great physician is confined to his or her expertise and it’s just a drop in the bucket.
    Many people still expect miracles. We’ve come a long way even in my short time in medicine. I’ve worked blocks of time in cardiac surgery units, trauma units, ER, surgical ICU and Neuro ICU and have seen great strides and dramatically decreasing mortality in these areas. And we still fall behind.
    Here’s another perspective, the car. Something that man built. Something that can break down over time and have a finite number of issues that a mechanic has to diagnose and repair, usually just by replacing a part. Still a challenge. No matter how many hours and years under the hood, still managing to get things wrong or misdiagnose and potentially fail to fix the old hooptie. And it’s a machine that man made. But many a customer will feel frustrated and maybe even tell the mechanic what he thinks is wrong and what to fix. Maybe even look up some recalls online or talk to a friend about his car problem that sounds familiar. Sooner or later maybe he has to take it to the dealer where a team of mechanics that specialize in that make can go to work and try to figure out the problem. Then they fix the problem and charge him a couple thousand bucks and he drives off the lot with a smile on his face and a hole in his wallet, and that garbage truck T-bones him and totals out the car. They call it life. It’s a hell of a ride so buckle up.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m curious about the concurrent use of Azithromycin.

I keep waiting for someone with medical credentials* to come forward and remind the public that Azithromycin (e.g. “Z-Pak”) is an antibiotic, used to treat BACTERIAL infections, not viral ones. However, perhaps it’s a prophylactic to lessen the possibility of ALSO getting a bacterial infection. Or, is their some magic with the combination or the two meds?

I will confess that since the public comment about Chloroquine I started drinking a large glass of tonic water (contains quinine) every day “just in case.” I have not yet made or worn an aluminum foil hat.

I don’t have commie flu yet.

Apparently other people have had the same idea. Tonic water stocks are depleted at my favorite grocery store (Calvin’s). Or maybe people have been fixing more gin and tonics lately.

*I have no medical credentials and am not a doctor, a lawyer or a licensed horticulturist. As others usually acknowledge I have slept in a Holiday Inn (but have also slept in a G.I. pup tent.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom