I happened to see the front cover of the Advocate yesterday?????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, and happened to take a quick glance at the newspaper stand. The front cover of the Advocate says something about passing a bill that allows guns to be used for self-defense. It was literally on the front cover. I don't know if this relates to other things that have been going on, but I am very curious about the self-dense part of it.

Please expand upon this.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I scanned the advocate online and couldn't find what you were looking for. Maybe you can find the story there and link us to it?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, and happened to take a quick glance at the newspaper stand. The front cover of the Advocate says something about passing a bill that allows guns to be used for self-defense. It was literally on the front cover. I don't know if this relates to other things that have been going on, but I am very curious about the self-dense part of it.

Please expand upon this.

if you were so concerned about it that you posted something on here, why didn't you just buy the paper when it was in front of you?

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    if you were so concerned about it that you posted something on here, why didn't you just buy the paper when it was in front of you?

Perhaps I wasn't explanatory enough. I was in a hurry and had only a glance at the front page. I had no time for details regardless of how interested I was in the topic. I had places to be. So what was it about, that is, if anyone can expand on the issue?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Please expand upon this.

I guess you mean Friday's paper since your post said yesterday and today is Sat.
    I'm looking that the front page of the Friday Advocate and the only thing it has is a picture of a gun counter with a couple of people looking at guns.

The headline says "The right to bear arms and under the picture it says "Justices rule in favor of gun ownership"

I deliver the Advocate so I get to see way tooooooo many of them. :D

It could depend where you saw the paper too they are not all the same.

Top Bottom