I have a question about getting my CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomasward00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2007
    Slidell, La
    I'm a louisiana resident, my question is when I go for my NCIS background check they delay me for the full 3 days and the gundealer releases is to me, I am not a felon or have ever been involved in domestic violence, just arrested once for open container and inciting a fight, and once for an expired brake tag ticket, that i didn't go to court for. Both of these offenses were years ago, my early twenties and now i'm 34.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    My first handgun buy took the full three day delay. Each one after that has gone through immediately. I have a very common name and several arrests on my record from teenage years (all charges dismissed). I figure they updated their records on me after the first buy. I also have a CCW which went through easily despite the arrests.

thomasward00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2007
    Slidell, La
    My first handgun buy took the full three day delay. Each one after that has gone through immediately. I have a very common name and several arrests on my record from teenage years (all charges dismissed). I figure they updated their records on me after the first buy. I also have a CCW which went through easily despite the arrests.

I'm gonna find out this week when my new XD SC comes in, hopefully they won't delay me after this first one.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    NCIC is run by the FBI...it just keeps track of stolen items and people with national warrants.

NICS is what you go through at the fun store.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    NCIC is run by the FBI...it just keeps track of stolen items and people with national warrants.

NICS is what you go through at the fun store.

NCIC is a computerized index of criminal justice information (i.e.- criminal record history information, fugitives, stolen properties, missing persons). It is available to Federal, state, and local law enforcement and other criminal justice agencies and is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

It's maintained by the FBI.

Top Bottom