I need a IWB holster..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    I am looking for a new holster for my Kimber 1911 3" barrel in the left hand configuration.. I am selling the mtac that came with it but its right handed but I like how it felt. I wasn't really fond of the extra leather towards the top the seem to protrude from my body but I would do again if need be because its very comfortable. Any recommendations??

I found this and was wondering if anyone had one as well?
    http://store.packinheatleather.com/galscoutnatr5.html

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I just ordered a rig from Little Bear Holsters for my Dan Wesson CBOB. I should get it in about a week. Looks like he does good work but what sold me was his attention to detail asking questions and he is just an all around nice guy. Prior military and LE. Turn around time is about 14 days for some nice looking leather. Mine is a tuckable IWB, double mag pouch and belt. Tan horsehide with black alligator trim. It's going to be freakin sweet. :)

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Thanks seabeevet, I will look into them.. Glad to see another seabee helping me out :) I am assuming you are retired?

No problem at all.

I did four years as a floater and cross rated out of the target community. Did six years as an SW then got out. Been out for about 2 years. You still in?

Oh, and here is the link for Little Bear Holsters: http://littlebearholsters.com/

Edit to add: Double Oh, he offers a military discount also.

Last edited:

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    No problem at all.

I did four years as a floater and cross rated out of the target community. Did six years as an SW then got out. Been out for about 2 years. You still in?

Oh, and here is the link for Little Bear Holsters: http://littlebearholsters.com/

Edit to add: Double Oh, he offers a military discount also.

Checking out his holsters and they seem very nice, I will be contacting him..

I am still in and have been for 5 years now. I am a UT2 as an instructor at NCTC right now but should be transfering here soon, hopefully back to Tejas.. I like your sig btw, never actually heard that..

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Thanks for the advice on Milt holsters as well. I will be looking more deeply into those as well. It seems as though the summer special seems to be a big name in iwb holsters thats for sure as everyone has their "own" special lol.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    thanks. The line in my sig is something that a buddy and I came up with at Club Phoenix one night. We always thought it would look cool on a t-shirt.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm excited. Just spoke with Dave over at Little Bear Holsters and he sent out my rig last Thurs. I should be getting it in tomorrow or Tues. Cant wait, and I'll post some pics. He took just a little over two weeks (and Thanksgiving was right in the middle of the build).

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I personally use a Dakota Defender from http://www.kdhosters.com and LOVE it.

kd_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom