I Want a New OTF Assisted Knife. What Sayeth Ye All?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Haha... haven’t gotten mine either. Unobtainium chineseium.

I know! I’ll just blame thperez, he made me do it! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Man, I really hate it that you guys are having these problems with these people. That really sucks. I hate dealing with people like that.
    Someone might want to call Blade HQ and see if maybe they can shed some light on this for you. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Man, I really hate it that you guys are having these problems with these people. That really sucks. I hate dealing with people like that.
    Someone might want to call Blade HQ and see if maybe they can shed some light on this for you. Just a suggestion.

Anyone here could have done the research and saw for themselves that the company has horrible customer service.

The knife forums and YouTube have many people stating that they are horrible to deal with.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone here could have done the research and saw for themselves that the company has horrible customer service.

The knife forums and YouTube have many people stating that they are horrible to deal with.

They didn't actually charge my CC yet, so it's not that big a deal, just annoying.

Nifftyman

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Apr 4, 2019
    Franklin, LA
    I bought a d/a otf knife at last years SHOT show, they were at the military/curio/knife show just down the road the day before SHOT opened. They work well, I like the opening features. I have not used it enough to really give it a good review, its just not a knife I would ever really carry as its not meant for any work use. I would honestly say they are kind of gimmicky, but to each their own.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    They sell Cobratec at the 5.11 store in Metairie. I've been wanting to check it out, D2 steel, made in Texas.

Seen the store, never been in.
    Will have to go check it out soon.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I bought a d/a otf knife at last years SHOT show, they were at the military/curio/knife show just down the road the day before SHOT opened. They work well, I like the opening features. I have not used it enough to really give it a good review, its just not a knife I would ever really carry as its not meant for any work use. I would honestly say they are kind of gimmicky, but to each their own.
    There's just something handy and convenient about being able to hold a rope or fishing line etc. In one hand and opening a knife to cut it and then closing the knife with just the push and pull off a button.

The Cobratec knives look real nice but not really budget priced. May not have any choice if Lightnings aren't available.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There's just something handy and convenient about being able to hold a rope or fishing line etc. In one hand and opening a knife to cut it and then closing the knife with just the push and pull off a button.

The Cobratec knives look real nice but not really budget priced. May not have any choice if Lightnings aren't available.

What makes other folding knives incapable of opening and closing one handed?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I called and their VM is full, but here is the contact for Lightning:

Location of This Business
    540 N State Road 434 STE 132, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
    BBB File Opened: 10/8/2006
    Years in Business: 13
    Business Started: 10/8/2006
    Alternate Business Name
    Lightning OTF Knives
    Contact Information
    Principal
    Ms. Judith Saakes, Owner
    Mr. Jason Saakes, President/Owner
    Phone Numbers
    (407) 249-7775

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It can definitely be done, just not as easily. Guess I'm just lazy in my old age.

Liner locks, frame locks, axis locks, lockbacks, and compression locks can all be opened and closed one handed.

Axis locks are among the easy to open and close, IMO.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Made in china I believe but assembled to order in TX. They are making some serious $$ on those.

Sometimes Made in China doesn't mean it's a complete turd.

Reate knives are rather nice for being Made in China. Streamlight and Nitecore lights are also made in China.

Top Bottom