If Glocks were never invented.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I just want to do a poll for all the veterans, current military, security and law enforcement. If Glocks or polymer weapons were never invented what weapon would you use as a duty weapon considering that it will be an all metal firearm. I have shot and stood watch with Colt 45acp and Beretta 92fs but I didn’t like the safety features on both although the 1911 was a little easier to deal with than the Beretta. I went through the Academy several years ago using a Cz sp01 tactical while everyone else used a Glock. I just thought about it and want other peoples opinions and thoughts if polymers were never made what their weapon of choice would be. I believe it is better to have a weapon with no safety or with a decocker only like the Cz sp01 tactical or the Sig Sauer P226 or 220. Please give me your thoughts.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Springfield Armory. I own two of them. Grip safety, way better factory trigger than glock. Some guys balk at the grip safety but the gun will not discharge unless you are holding it to fire it. Grip and trigger safeties. John M Browning's magnificent design 1911 had a grip safety, for over 100 years now. I own a glock too, a G22 cop trade in. My first SA 40 cal pistol cost me $350 total brand new from PSA, a few years ago, a great deal. I just added a SA compact 9mm OSP to the stable, wearing a Holosun red dot. Actually an 8 moa circle reticle, 50k hour battery, motion activated on/off. An amazing carry rig imo. 3.8" barrel, 14 rounds. Springfield Armory sells high quality reliable pistols, some manufactured actually in Croatia.
    SA been in business for 244 years, right here in the good ole USA.

Last edited:

Toodamgoofy

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Springfield Armory. I own two of them. Grip safety, way better factory trigger than glock. Some guys balk at the grip safety but the gun will not discharge unless you are holding it to fire it. Grip and trigger safeties. John M Browning's magnificent design 1911 had a grip safety, for over 100 years now. I own a glock too, a G22 cop trade in. My first SA 40 cal pistol cost me $350 total brand new from PSA, a few years ago, a great deal. I just added a SA compact 9mm OSP to the stable, wearing a Holosun red dot. Actually an 8 moa circle reticle, 50k hour battery, motion activated on/off. An amazing carry rig imo. 3.8" barrel, 14 rounds. Springfield Armory sells high quality reliable pistols, manufactured actually in Croatia.
    Springfield armory 1911?

Toodamgoofy

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    yes sir, initially made by Colt and the Springfield Armory. Actually SA origins date back to 1774 and producing muskets. I just read SA bio on wiki, not like i remember all this from my memory.
    You do know that Cz bought out Colt right?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You do know that Cz bought out Colt right?
    I see that as a good thing BC the Colt of today IS NOT the Colt of 30 or 40 years ago. They can't even produce a new Python without cylinder timing issues in some sold.

I sold new Pythons in the early 1990s, and they were crafted by master gunsmiths. Those today do not exist, least @ Colt. The Colts of the 70s, 80s were the finest DA pistol produced imo. Silky smooth action, especially the DA. Just a beautiful pistol, in that deep, perfect Colt royal blue finish.

I shot a guy's brand new 357 Python @ Bedico range just a few weeks ago. And it did run well. He paid like $2k with tax. Not me buddy.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You have the original .gov Springfield Armory (closed in 1968) mixed in with the commercial Springfield Armory Inc. which opened in 1974
    and this is true. But they still produce high quality firearms imo.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    when did Gustave Glock start pumping out pistols? And ole Gustave was a genius imo. fun fact: he was making curtain rods before his pistols.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I wonder why all of these years Glock didn't get Arnold Schwartzenigger to promote their pistols/product? Both from Austria, the "Terminator" bad guy image.

Toodamgoofy

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I wonder why all of these years Glock didn't get Arnold Schwartzenigger to promote their pistols/product? Both from Austria, the "Terminator" bad guy image.
    I wondered the same thing

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    If I was to carry an all metal gun it would be a CZ with decocker. I love 1911's but all but one of mine I have to disable the grip safety because I grip so high. Sig 226 would be my second choice.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If I was to carry an all metal gun it would be a CZ with decocker. I love 1911's but all but one of mine I have to disable the grip safety because I grip so high. Sig 226 would be my second choice.
    I'm guessing you have smaller hands. A good gunsmith can tune the 1911 grip safety, both the weight to release it and how much travel is required. I do my own, what i have learned in the last 25 years. Big Tim has a SS Colt Government model 45 acp I accurized and tweaked, I presented it to him as a gift. I believe you know Big Tim.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    yes sir, initially made by Colt and the Springfield Armory. Actually SA origins date back to 1774 and producing muskets. I just read SA bio on wiki, not like i remember all this from my memory.
    Actually the original springfield also known as the United States arsenal at Springfield closed in 1968. L&H gun co bought the name to capitalize off of it even tho theirs no affiliation between the two.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Actually the original springfield also known as the United States arsenal at Springfield closed in 1968. L&H gun co bought the name to capitalize off of it even tho theirs no affiliation between the two.
    Actually here is an accurate history of Springfield Armory as we know it today. → https://www.springfield-armory.com/intel/about/

They have been manufacturing firearms way before Gaston Glock did. Gaston was still making curtain rods in the 70s. Ole Gaston is now age 92 and still kickin it.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I would carry a full sized 1911 in either 9mm or .38 Superb.

Top Bottom