If Glocks were never invented.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I'm guessing you have smaller hands. A good gunsmith can tune the 1911 grip safety, both the weight to release it and how much travel is required. I do my own, what i have learned in the last 25 years. Big Tim has a SS Colt Government model 45 acp I accurized and tweaked, I presented it to him as a gift. I believe you know Big Tim.
    I have big hands, but I grip high. I only have one 1911 that I haven't disabled the grip safety that I shoot fine. My 2011's are the same. I have tuned them before to work but in match competitions I don't take any chances.

Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I have big hands, but I grip high. I only have one 1911 that I haven't disabled the grip safety that I shoot fine. My 2011's are the same. I have tuned them before to work but in match competitions I don't take any chances.
    Now that’s my kind of thinking. I want the dang thing to go bang not click lol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Actually here is an accurate history of Springfield Armory as we know it today. → https://www.springfield-armory.com/intel/about/

They have been manufacturing firearms way before Gaston Glock did. Gaston was still making curtain rods in the 70s. Ole Gaston is now age 92 and still kickin it.
    That’s not really the accurate history though. The original company closed in 1968. The current company has absolutely no affiliation with them and is living off of their name.

Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Tioga, Louisiana
    You guys are getting off subject. It’s not a history lesson I was just trying to get everyone’s thoughts on duty type if polymers were never invented. I say first would have to be the Cz 75 decocker only in one way or another, second would have to be the Beretta 92 decocker only, third would have to be any good 1911, fourth would be a good .357 six shooter and lastly just a good shotgun. Nothing says get the hell out the way like a good old scatter gun.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If Glocks didn’t exist I’d go with M&P’s. I really like the 2.0’s but the triggers kill them for me. If it had to be metal frame guns I’d go with either a sig p226 or m9.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Remington and Armalite used/developed nylon technology in the 1950's-1960s. HK was the first to get a polymer pistol to market: VP70/1970

In the Navy we used MK23. Many allied
    military use HK variants. I worked with British units in South Iraq and they carried HK.

I used a SIG in the Navy, as a 92 replacement (more reliable) so I would probably carry a SIG model or HK for duty use.

Personally I would carry a well made 1911 Lightweight Commander in 45 Auto for carry. I am partial to SIG now for polymer pistols, but due to my hand size I have to use a third party grip module.

I have never wanted a Glock, I guess the newer 19's would be my top choice if I had no other option. I ended up buying an XD instead of a Glock years ago because I was able to compare them side by side and shoot them both, I wanted 45 Auto and the 9mm Glock looked uglier than the XD, felt blockier, and I didn't like the soghts.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    I carried either a Browning Hi Power P35 or Beretta 92(not the S, SB nor F models) in my SV-2 for many years before going to the 92SB.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    First off I have no military or law enforcement experience. From personel experience I would say the CZ P01 as it is one of the few pistols to ever get NATO approval. I have one and it eats all ammo and has never jammed out of thousand of rounds of various weights and styles.

Why it is my home defense gun.

Second I would go with Sig P220.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You are correct. Nothing to do with the original SA. My opinion is SA makes good guns, not great ones.
    I agree. The new SA makes decent guns but nothing special imo. It’s crazy how many people think they are the original spring field but they don’t help pretending like they are even going as far as listing the old Springfield on their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom