In Tow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I have always wondered if they ever get pulled over and checked for legality of the vehicles. You know what I'm talking about, the caravans you see heading west in Louisiana on the Interstates. I never noticed them that much until I moved to the Northshore as they appear to take I-12 to get through the state. Usually they are raggedy looking vehicles pulling other raggedy looking vehicles. The one thing they all have in common is the big IN TOW on the back window of the vehicles done in duct tape. No license plates no nothing. The other day I noted one pulling a school bus with another vehicle pulled behind the bus and there was two of them like this in the caravan.

They don't bother me as it "appears" to be an honest living. I am just curious if they are ever pulled over and checked for licenses, insurance and registration. Or are they given a free pass and are part of NAFTA or something?

Just curious

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    What you see are auction purchases. The people driving them are just that; drivers. A buyer will usually go to the auction in Slidell with a few guys. Buy a few cars and sling them together and bring them to his dealership (usually the same day - or within a few days). If he has a lot of cars he gets a flatbed. Not really a NAFTA conspiracy. More like some guy getting the cheapest drivers he can do tow some cars.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I agree that they are more than likely coming from an auction. I have seen these In Tow caravans as far north as Tennessee and in every state in the south. The vehicles in these caravans I would assume are not going to be sold in The USA. These vehicles I assume are headed to Mexico. I would assume that even the vehicles doing towing are recently purchased from an auction also and probably have no paperwork on them. I will try to get a photos up of one of these caravans up soon, probably take a couple of weeks as I have a lot of boat work coming up.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sort of on the subject- Why doesn't INS or even the local cops work the Home Depot/Lowe's parking lots for illegals? Seems like they could pick up their quota for the month in a day just driving on Veterans. Also, how are they able to purchase/ register cars?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    There isn't enough holding cells at the West Baton Rouge Parish prision, or time to process them on Sherwood Forest Blvd..

Only time you will see the enforcement of illegals in my experience is when:

A. Something bad happens in Industry ie gets hurt at the sugar mill
    B. Felonies
    C. Narcotics Transactions

You have to face it. The plantation owners of the 21st century dont mind paying cash for their labor.

With the new laws in transportation of goods from mexico now in effect things will only get worse. The bigger picture is the economy. You dont see have the American's wanting to rebuild NOLA or the Gulf Coast for that matter.

Comes down to $$$$ plain and simple... Its not a problem when there is no problems.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the only thing I've found to book an illegal on is 14:100.13 (i believe), operating a vehicle without legal presence in the united states, a felony. however, according to an ADA that I spoke with the other day, that law has somehow been deemed "unconstitutional" and they arent prosecuting anyone for it.

how a law against people in this country illegally is against our constitution I dont know.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom