inshore fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Anyone know of any good spots to go inshore fishing in the Gulf. I have a 19ft bass boat so it would have to be places I can get to like in the marsh, etc..Also GPS coordinates would be great if you dont mind giving out some of your spots. Trying to get my girlfriend her first speck or red.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Launch at Cochiaras and fish the Pen in Lafitte. If the pen is dead you can hit Bayou Rigolettes, Turtle Bay, Round Lake, Texaco Canal.... approx 1.5 hour drive.

Anywhere south of Lake Borgne. Shell Beach, Yscloskey, Delacroix...approx 2 hour drive.

If you want to head WAY south, launch out somewhere near Caminada Bay and head towards Elmer's Island and fish inside the island in the cove... about 3 and a half hours to Grand Isle.

Anywhere down LA1 towards Grand Isle or down LA23 towards Venice is prime speck and red fishing... Get some maps if you don't have them and look around in that area.

Stick to the outside edges of the waterways in the end of may and through june. Bring fresh shrimp and possibly some live shad.

I pretty much stick to Lafitte. The pen is easy to fish. Fish against the side that the water is pushing against. There are tons of little cuts and small canals to fish in there. The water is fairly shallow (3 feet in some spots) and you aren't too far from civilization in case you forget something.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom