Integrally Suppressed Shotgun - Near By

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhans504

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I've been toying around with the idea of getting an integrally suppressed shotgun for a while, and I finally have the means; so now it's time to get serious.

I purchased a Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus last year and I really like the gun, so my current thought is to have a new 26" barrel procured for the gun and have an integral suppressor built onto that. The thinking here is that it would allow me to use my "standard" gun for turkey hunting, etc.; but also swap out the barrel for suppressed enjoyment. Now, onto my question...

Is there a local gunsmith that has the capabilities of producing such a device? After a quick google search, I reached out to Phoenix Weaponry in Colorado, which currently offers 2 models of integrally suppressed shotguns, and they said they can produce it; so that is an option. I know there are quite a few talented gunsmiths in the area, and I would much rather support local businesses. So I'm looking for suggestions from members on who I could reach out to that may be able help me.

Thanks in advance.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Call Jonathan reulet in Covington. Reulet gun works. Top notch smith but I don’t know if he’s does this kind of work.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Not sure if you are looking for someone to adapt a commercially made suppressor to your shotgun, or you are implying you want someone to build you, from scratch, an integral barrel. If it is the latter you also have to understand a gunsmith cannot just make a suppressor, he needs to have certain licensing in place. Generally an 07/02 SOT. A regular 01 gunsmith cannot legally do what you want, if I am reading this right.

You would do better with the SilencerCo Salvo, as suggested.

jhans504

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will reach out to them.

Yes, I would prefer the latter (integrally suppressed build), and understand that not everyone can provide this. That is the reason I am looking for suggestions.

I appreciate the Slavo 12 recommendation. That is my backup plan. But preference is for integrally suppressed.

Thanks again and keep them coming!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Salvo 12 is a good back up plan but there would be a big sound difference between that and an integral barrel

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Freeman Jennings built a suppressed .444 marlin crack barrel which I shot, talk about impressive, but I don't know if he does shotgun stuff.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    my 45-70 encore with subs is by far the hardest hittting and quietest gun i have ever heard... 980fps and 405gr hits like thors hammer...
    I personally have a .444 Marlin lever action and I know how much recoil it has, but Freeman built his with a internal brake and recoil was so minimal me & my 11 yr old shot it like it was nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom