Intro to Archery:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Upper Body is ehh, decent. I'm tall and thin so not exactly a 'hoss' lol...50-70lbs shouldn't be a problem, I've pulled a few strings before.

I'll go to Bowie a bit over the summer, I'm sure I can drag my cousin out too.

When is the archery tournament?

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Colin, if I can pull 55-60lbs on my bow, I don't see a problem with you doing it. It's just going to take some practice and a little weight-lifting.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Upper Body is ehh, decent. I'm tall and thin so not exactly a 'hoss' lol...50-70lbs shouldn't be a problem, I've pulled a few strings before.

I'll go to Bowie a bit over the summer, I'm sure I can drag my cousin out too.

When is the archery tournament?

Tournament is May 3, from 9am to 4pm. Baring any rain-out. :-s

Colin, if I can pull 55-60lbs on my bow, I don't see a problem with you doing it. It's just going to take some practice and a little weight-lifting.

Dang Cort, you autocross and do archery. :eek3:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have a perfect yard for training...deck about 20ft up from the ground below...plenty of room on both sides to set up targets. It will simulate a tree stand very well.

If I can find a decent hunting bow that runs around $250-$300 I'll be in good shape.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I have a perfect yard for training...deck about 20ft up from the ground below...plenty of room on both sides to set up targets. It will simulate a tree stand very well.

If I can find a decent hunting bow that runs around $250-$300 I'll be in good shape.

BowTech sells a complete hunting bow kit. BowTech Tomkat - My father shoots that and it's an all around good bow. You should be able to find it for that price less the cost of a half dozen arrows +/- $50

Here's a site that sells the whole outfit pre-tuned and fitted to you before it's shipped:

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowpkg2.htm

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Awesome site, thanks. I got a hold on my cousin, he's shopping for me too. This looks pretty good, I'm going to run it by him.

brgunguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008

kool and yea you can find a decent bow for that price. look on louisianasportsman.com in the classifieds section they have a bunch of bows!

KEMOSABI

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    most of the bows I sell are 60-70 lbs.They offer a 80% let off.That means when you are at full draw you are only holding 80% of 60 lbs...You can actually pull to full draw and hand it to someone else to shoot.......If you have never shot b4 its hard to tell the differance between them if you shott a few of them...The less radical and longer brace height ,longer the bow ,the more foregiving it will be...Short ,radical,6 inch brace height bows are a lil more finicky .But w/todays tech they are getting very smooth and shooter friendly....Buy from someone that will spend some time w/you and get you hitting and on the right track...Ive tought 4 yr old kids to shoot and they outshot there dads at times at 10 yards..LOL..Its p/up pretty quick and is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE..Say goodbye to gun hunting,LOL>..Ive seen alot of a grown men stop..I did for about 10 years.I found that after Ive shot several w/the bow.Its still fun to lay em down in the distance..:rofl:But for a long time my gun sat in the closet...

Its a blast.Its important you get set up correctly and taught the basics..

Top Bottom