Intro to High Power

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    We are always looking for new shooters in the sport. Below is a video laying out the course of fire. Konrad’s video are well made and informative.

Every month there is a match at Palo Alto on the third Saturday. This match is fired in the same manner as Konrad has in the video. Palo Alto uses electronic targets.

Also on either the fourth or fifth Sunday there is a High Power match shot at the Sheriff’s range in Gonzales. This match is shot at 200 yards only, using reduced targets to simulate the 300 and 600 yard targets. It is also a 50 shot match, 10 shots each standing, sitting, rapid prone, and 20 shots slow fire prone.

After the High Power match in Gonzales there is an “F” Class match shot at 300 yards. You can take up to five sighters and then shoot 15 rounds for record. You can use a bipod or rest for this match. Entry fee is cheap, you can see how well your rifle shoots at 300 yards, and can get a glimpse of the HighPower world.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM. Also we are always looking for Junior shooters. We have rifles, ammo, and equipment they can use.

Gonzales 2023 dates: 29 January, 26 February, 26 March, 30 April, 28 May, 25 June, 23 July, 27 August, 24 September, 29 October, 26 November

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    The Gonzales match is a good place to get started, the SR, SR-42, & MR-52 targets are challenging but you won't have to deal with the wind or cranking elevations. Come out and see what goes on at an XTC match, the range is right behind Cabelas, So you can stop and do a little shopping after the match.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    We are always looking for new shooters in the sport. Below is a video laying out the course of fire. Konrad’s video are well made and informative.

Every month there is a match at Palo Alto on the third Saturday. This match is fired in the same manner as Konrad has in the video. Palo Alto uses electronic targets.

Also on either the fourth or fifth Sunday there is a High Power match shot at the Sheriff’s range in Gonzales. This match is shot at 200 yards only, using reduced targets to simulate the 300 and 600 yard targets. It is also a 50 shot match, 10 shots each standing, sitting, rapid prone, and 20 shots slow fire prone.

After the High Power match in Gonzales there is an “F” Class match shot at 300 yards. You can take up to five sighters and then shoot 15 rounds for record. You can use a bipod or rest for this match. Entry fee is cheap, you can see how well your rifle shoots at 300 yards, and can get a glimpse of the HighPower world.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM. Also we are always looking for Junior shooters. We have rifles, ammo, and equipment they can use.

Gonzales 2023 dates: 29 January, 26 February, 26 March, 30 April, 28 May, 25 June, 23 July, 27 August, 24 September, 29 October, 26 November

Mike,

Is there a web site for the Gonzales high power matches? We just started a shooting team for our MCL Det in West St Tammany and I have guys interested in high power and service rifle matches.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Mike,

Is there a web site for the Gonzales high power matches? We just started a shooting team for our MCL Det in West St Tammany and I have guys interested in high power and service rifle matches.
    There are many HP Service Rifle shooters in St. Tammany that attend the Gonzales match, PM me if I can help you in any way, I'm on the poor side of the parish in Slidell.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    First match of the year in Gonzales is just 10 days away, January 29. IT is time to renew memberships, take in new members, and elect officers for the 2023 year.

Come on out and join us.

Top Bottom