Iphone Sync question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Well, my phone is loaded with programs and music. Unfortunately, it takes ATLEAST 2 hours for it to completely update. Every time I want to put music on my phone, it takes FOREVER.

Is there any way that I can just transfer music without having to worry about every stupid program wanting to update??

-Dave

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Just got off the phone with apple. They say that since I am out of the warranty date, they can't offer me any type of assistance.

I hope this company burns.

Anyhoo, let me clarify, since Abu didn't understand it after the 8th time I told him. I want to add music to my phone, and nothing else. I don't want to search for updates, backup my phonebook, download new programs, or any of that BS. Just want to put a few songs on my phone.

On the sync page, they have an "Applications" tab, and when I tried to un-click it, it said that I would lose all programs on my phone :mad:.

I've looked through nearly every tab, and can't find anything that helps me.

-Dave

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I don't know as there is a way man. Apple makes things terribly easy as far as backup and replacement goes. You can easily replace your apple product with another and use your backups to make it your own instantly. Unfortnatly this makes it long to backup, update etc. I like my apples but you do play by their rules when you buy in. However it shouldn't take that long to sync your phone. It shouldn't take that long to sync no matter how much it's backing up or adding to your phone

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I can't think of a way. Check out dinozambas's channel on Youtube. He knows his stuff. If he doesn't have a vid, sent him a message.

I hate Apple and I hate iTunes. Why can't it just be drag and drop?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Do you mean you don't want to use Itunes to transfer music and/or Itunes trys to update your Iphone?

:)

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    In iTunes on the main screen for your iPhone, uncheck the block that says automatically sync my phone when connected and check the one that says manually manage music. That should help you out, but you may have to reload all of the songs that were on there before.

Hope it helps.

DH

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There are some files apple syncs that you don't need. One folder is Crashreporter another is roaming logs. Just go on your computer and delete the contents of the folders NOT the files themselves! It can make sync times go from hours to minutes. If you have a full ipod/iphone it will still take a while, but not nearly as long

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Also, if you have a bunch of new apps on your iphone, before you sync go to the app store in itunes and download them to your computer for free from the app store rather than trying to sync them from your iphone/ipod to your computer. I think apple should do this automatically, but they don't.

Top Bottom