Iron Sight 100 match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    This event is for ANY rifle equipped with iron sights a.k.a. open sights. No scope or red dot allowed.
    Rifle can be any type (bolt, semiauto, lever, and alike), not just military guns.

IS100 will happen MAY 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] at The Fusilier Complex (TFC) in Arnaudville. Directions at TFC site https://fusiliercomplex.com/contact/

Certificates will be awarded to the three higher scores.

Course of fire

1. The event consists of 5 stages and 4 positions (Standing, Kneeling, Sitting, Prone).
    2. Each stage fires 10 rounds. Times are:

1. Standing 10 minutes
    2. Kneeling 1 minute
    3. Sitting 1 minute
    4. Prone rapid fire 1 minute 10 seconds
    5. Prone slow fire 5 minutes

1. Targets are at 100 yards, simulating 200, 300, and 600 yards. The bullseye is 6” and the bigger scoring ring is 10”.
    2. First shot at 9:00 a.m. until finished.
    3. Fee per competitor is $10 (Non-member’s fee is $20.00)

For queries email
    AR15AmericanMatch@yahoo.com

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Mr. Torellini,

I hope all is well.

A couple of questions

Are you using high power targets SR-1, SR-21 and MR-31?
    Are jackets, gloves, and slings allowed?

silver_snipe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2019
    DeRidder
    The aiming black on all those targets is essentially the same. I think when I looked them up there was something like 3/8" difference. Of course the scoring rings are different but I know I can't see them at 100yds.

Their FB page list Jackets, gloves, and slings as optional. It did state in the prone the rifle cannot touch the ground nor are rest allowed.

I hope I didn't overstep by answering just wanted to help another shooter.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Iron Sights 100 (IS100)
    It was a display of historic guns. It was exciting and challenging when firing anew these tools of freedom used by The Greatest Generation and their foreign contemporaries. Great experience for all of us cradling them; much learned and enjoyed.

Rifles were Garand, Springfield 1903, M14, SKS, AR15. Actual distance was 100 yards but the size of the targets simulated 200, 300, and 600 yards. It is a challenge using iron sights; has to be experienced to be understood. The competitors found out what it was really like shooting at those distances; scores showed it. General consensus was the day was worth repeating.

BTW, the worry about the weather was greatly exaggerated.
    The day was dry, sky sunny with curvaceous clouds, breeze from 9 to 12 mph from the SE which did not affect windage much, and soggy ground with water but not deep enough to need a paddle board to get to the targets.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Hi Mike, long time!
    Sorry I did not answer you sooner but I am not checking this frequently.
    We had the match with targets SR1, SR21, and MR31, and jacket, sling, gloves allowed.
    Maybe you will be interested in the AR15 American Rifle match with 72 rounds at 100, 50, 25 and 7 yards (action).
    It is going on right now, next one June 13. Contact me me at AR15Americanmatch@yahoo.com

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Thank you silver_snipe for your clarifications.
    Indeed nobody can see the scoring rings at 100 yards but the black center is clear enough to be aimed at.
    Regards.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    iomg8, any rifle from .17 up to .45 is allowed given it is iron sights and can hold 5 rounds.
    There is not another IS100 for 2021. I will post it when 2022 is scheduled.
    Also, you can visit The Fusilier Complex (fusiliercomplex.com) site and check the "events" tab and you will see a number of other competitions we have.
    Regards.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Hi Mike, long time!
    Sorry I did not answer you sooner but I am not checking this frequently.
    We had the match with targets SR1, SR21, and MR31, and jacket, sling, gloves allowed.
    Maybe you will be interested in the AR15 American Rifle match with 72 rounds at 100, 50, 25 and 7 yards (action).
    It is going on right now, next one June 13. Contact me me at AR15Americanmatch@yahoo.com

Thanks Mauro, I hope you are well.

Sorry I missed the match, had a commitment on Saturday.

I started competing in HighPower because you started the HP program at the old Hub City range. Those were good times. In 2017 I started competing again after a 16 year hiatus. It has been fun again.

When you hold another IS100 I will knock the dust of my M1A and shoot with you!!!

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Good deal Mike.
    Remember David Greco? He was enticed to come out from his cave and had a good time. We were remembering you at the range wondering what was going on with you.
    Mike, send me an email to AR15AMERICAMATCH@yahoo.com so I can email you when I schedule a competition.
    Regards.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Whirling .22s Games starting in September

The Whirling .22s Games is a timed challenge, designed for all everyday shooters without the need of special equipment or special training, with rifles and pistols .22, at targets that will whirl (spin) or move when hit.
    You will perform accurate and fast shooting in a variety of conditions relevant to gun enthusiasts.
    Competition is open to any able body of sound mind 12 years old or older.
    The Games also provide an ambient of camaraderie, respect, and self-control.
    Trophies and Certificates to 1[SUP]st[/SUP] , 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] , and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] places are awarded.

Targets for the Games are:

Hanging Arms. Shoot each plate until hit, then move on, RIGHT TO LEFT.
    Brisk Lick. Not timed. Compete against another. First finish wins.

Feeble Shot. Target for pistol is big gong; rifle is small gong. Various stances.

Shooting Gallery. Moving plates.

Dueling Post. Overpower competitor for most plates. Timed.

Up And Down. Put 4 paddles up and then put them down.

WOODPECKER. Cut chunks from stick at 10 yds using pistol and rifle.

Dates
    September 12 (Sunday)
    October 16 (Saturday)
    November 14 (Sunday)
    December 12 (Sunday)
    January 9 (Sunday)
    February 6 (Sunday)

Hours 8:00 am up to 1:00 pm.

The dates are shown in “Events” of The Fusilier Complex site: fusiliercomplex.com/

Where: The Fusilier Complex range near Arnaudville, LA.

Awards
    Title of ”Summa”, “Magna”, & “*** Laude” Whirler to the three highest scores.

Entry Fees $10.00 (TFC non-members fee $20.00)

Equipment
    Caliber .22 rifle (2 mags of 10 shots each) and .22 pistol (2 mags of 10 shots each).
    Eyes and ears protectors.
    NO .22 Magnum, NO Hypervelocity .22, NO .17, NO 5.7
    Ammunition
    Shooters will provide own ammunition. Soft nose lead .22.
    At least 440 rounds will be needed. Better bring more just in case. Ammunition is not available for sale at the games.
    NO .22 Magnum, NO Hypervelocity .22, NO .17, NO 5.7

Rifles allowed
    Semi-auto, lever, pump. Semi-auto is suggested.
    Two 10 rounds magazine.
    Any sights: iron sights or optics.
    Sling is allowed.

Pistols allowed
    Semi-auto is a must.
    Two 10 round magazines.
    Any sights: iron sights or optics.

General information
    The Pistol Only line will be used with non-participants as spectators.
    Targets will be between 10 yards and 15 yards.
    Eye and hear protections are REQUIRED on the line and staging areas for any person at this event.
    The .22 bullets WILL fragment upon impact on the metal so ricochets are NOT happening but a sliver of lead MAY come back to the firing line.
    The backstop is the berm. Targets will be positioned in front of it and the berm will capture bullets.
    No water and food available at the range.

For questions or observations email Whirling22@yahoo.com

RULES
    R1. Safety is a must. Anybody acting disruptively will be asked to leave immediately. His/her behavior may be reported to the appropriate authority.
    R2. All events have a time limit and a limited number of shots. In all stages the shots will be no more than 20 for rifle and 20 for pistol.
    R3. All events will be run sequentially and there will be only one or two whirlers in each stage and a Whirling 22s Spotter (W22S), who will report the number of hits.
    R4. Any whirler using more that the allotted rounds will have to rerun the stage or accept a zero score. Score is hits until time or ammo runs out.
    R5. In case of a tie, one of the stages will be used until a winner emerges. The break-the-tie gun to be used, rifle or pistol, will be decided by the Whirling 22s Director (W22D).
    R6. Gun must be supported by whirler’s body parts only.
    R7. The course of fire will be given at the event and not before.
    R8. The course of fire may be altered at any time by the Whirling .22s Director.
    R9. Any protest or doubts on results will be decided by the Whirling .22s Director (W22D) with the assistance of the Whirling .22s Spotters (W22S) and Whirling .22s Participants (W22P).
    R10. A competitor MUST be able to hear and understand all the range commands at all times to be
    able to act in this Games. If not, then he/she will not be allowed to participate.
    R11. If a competitor at the firing line does not understand or does not hear a command he/she must:
    a - Refrain from shooting and make the gun safe, or
    b - If there is time, ask for clarifications.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    All stages need a reload after 10 rounds; all stages are timed.
    if you are fast reloading 10 rounds there is no rule against using your SA-22.
    High precision is not a real advantage when targets are at 10 yards. As precise as a Ruger 10/22 is enough.
    Regards.
    Mauro.

MTorellini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    bATON rOUGE, la
    Iron Sights 100 (IS100)
    Event description – November 21, 2021

This event is for ANY rifle equipped with iron sights a.k.a. open sights. No scope or red dot allowed.

Rifle can be any type (bolt, semiauto, lever, and alike), not just military guns.

IS100 will happen NOVEMBER 21st at The Fusilier Complex (TFC) in Arnaudville. Directions at TFC site https://fusiliercomplex.com/contact/

Certificates will be awarded to the three higher scores.

Course of fire
    • The event consists of 5 stages and 4 positions (Standing, Kneeling, Sitting, Prone).
    • Each stage fires 10 rounds. Times are:
    • Standing 10 minutes
    • Kneeling 1 minute
    • Sitting 1 minute
    • Prone rapid fire 1 minute 10 seconds
    • Prone slow fire 5 minutes
    • Targets are at 100 yards, simulating 200, 300, and 600 yards. The bullseye is 6” and the bigger scoring ring is 10”.
    • First shot at 9:00 a.m. until finished.
    • Fee per competitor is $10 (Non-member’s fee is $20.00)
    For queries email

Mauro Torellini
    IS100 Match Director
    TFC (late HCRPC) member since 1992

Top Bottom