Is Bladetech DOH Holster legal for Production?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Production rules state 2" from inside of belt but doesn't say where the measurement is to.

Bladtech's site says the DOH is legal if you remove the DOH attachment but I can't see the gun being 2" from the belt from the pictures.

Also, can anyone recommend a cheap quad pouch? bladetech makes one of those but the spacing isn't very good and i figure i might be better off with two cheapy uncle mikes duals. :o

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Yes—I checked it carefully before the 2008 rules were proposed—as long as you're using one of the more current DOH attachments. The one from a couple years back was iffy, but I replaced the attachment plate on mine with one that's more current...the Stingray, IIRC. The DOH is not legal for IDPA, IIRC.

Careful with the quad pouch. Whether legal or not, the quads are bulky, heavy and no where near as workable as four singles or two doubles. Hard to get your hands in. I bought one and sold it for all these reasons.

You're good to go and in fine company...it is THE USPSA production holster.

You have to follow the photos on the USPSA site carefully...IIRC you have to measure from the inside of the belt to the inside grip, but I haven't looked at it in a while.

Last edited:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I tried the quads and they just do not lend themselves well to a quick reload.

I use a DOH for my CZ in production and for my Para's in Limited. No need for a race holster unless you are shooting open class

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks for the info on the DOH and thanks to both of you confirming what I suspected about the quad. I found a site that sells the UM double pouch and the BT DOH so I think I'll be set with that. :cool:

Top Bottom