Is there any 22lr competition for the average person

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prrebel18

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Bush La
    Is there any 22lr matches for the budget shooter? What I mean is for the beginner shooters or shooters that have stock guns or semi modified stock barreled actions that would like to compete without having to shoot with full custom rigs. Maybe a prone position (F-class style) with a bipod and rear squeeze bag? Just wondering if this is a dream of something or is there one out there. I know there is bench style and NRA22 but I am looking for something that you could grab the old marlin model 60 and lay prone and be competitive.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    There are a couple coming up at the St Bernard Pistol & Rifle Range (not the indoor SBISC). Sunday mornings 9am-12pm, $5 drop in, great group of folks. The upcoming 22 matches are:
    - March 21 + July 18, GSSF style (pistol)
    - May 16, 22lr small bore rifle silhouette
    - June 27 + July 25, .22 steel plate pistol & rifle

PM me if you want some more info, directions, etc.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Think your being unrealistic. There is several matches you can shoot and are reasonably priced but you need the correct equipment. Steel Challenge is one and the Rimfire Challenge is another. Both are shot with .22 rimfire but it will take a small investment in the proper gear. Goggle them and see how they are being shot. For Benchrest, your are looking at spending upwards of $10K to be competitive. You can look up the schedule at the PaloAlto Range to see when some of these matches are being shot.

Bryan

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I would like to get a NRL22 match going in the area. The closest match I have found is in Houston.

I'm assuming when you said NRA22 you meant NRL22.

Prrebel18

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2019
    Bush La
    Think your being unrealistic. There is several matches you can shoot and are reasonably priced but you need the correct equipment. Steel Challenge is one and the Rimfire Challenge is another. Both are shot with .22 rimfire but it will take a small investment in the proper gear. Goggle them and see how they are being shot. For Benchrest, your are looking at spending upwards of $10K to be competitive. You can look up the schedule at the PaloAlto Range to see when some of these matches are being shot.

Bryan

yes I have shot at Palo Alto and that is for the birds. There needs to be something for the average person to be able to compete. I don’t call, having a 10k rifle locked down in a rest and not even touching the rifle but only to pull the trigger, a competition for shooters. That is just how good a rifle shoots not the shooter. Just saying

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Ascension Silhouette offers a match in Gonzales at the Ascension Sheriff's range, usually on the first Sunday of each month, January through October. Our April match will be first Saturday so it doesn't conflict with Easter Sunday. This is on the animal shaped steel targets, chickens, pigs, turkeys, and rams. Distances are 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards respectively.
    22LR handguns or rifles. Scoped or iron sights. We do offer sanctioned competition (IHMSA) or you can just shoot for fun. 40 round course of fire. This is a timed event but it is slow fire, 2 minutes to fire 5 shots. Three different scale size targets at each distance to choose from. There is also a companion event, NRA Cowboy Rifle, that shares our match. We shoot side by side, same day. You are welcome to use a 22 rifle on our handgun targets if you just want to shoot for fun. Any position would be allowed and either scoped or iron sights. Just follow all safety rules and range commands. I'm the match director if you are interested. Contact me if you want further information.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I would like to get a NRL22 match going in the area. The closest match I have found is in Houston.

I'm assuming when you said NRA22 you meant NRL22.

The Fusilier Complex is putting on a PRS style 22LR match on April 24. 8 or 9 stages, ranging from 35 to 125 yds. Details can be found on their website in the events calendar.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I shoot pecans out of the tree in my back yard; does that count? I learneed watching my uncle shoot the big kitchen matches stuck into the top of fencepost... Oh, yeah, that was with a Nylon 66

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    The Fusilier Complex is putting on a PRS style 22LR match on April 24. 8 or 9 stages, ranging from 35 to 125 yds. Details can be found on their website in the events calendar.

I just learned about this yesterday from a friend, and I was coming back to post about in here.

I went look it up and it looks like they take off for the summer. The next match isn't until September. I'm going to try and make it to a match in the fall.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    22 LR PRS STYLE MATCH
    April 24 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
    08:00 Saturday, April 24th

· Fusilier Complex, 301 Ismael Road, Arnaudville, LA 70512

· You will be engaging steel targets at varying distances (35-125 yards), and shooting from different positions with a time limit of 120 seconds per stage. Any rifle, bolt action, lever action or semi-auto with 10 round capacity can be used.

· Bring 100 rounds of your favorite ammo along with a bipod and rear bag. (Not mandatory, but will help with getting more impacts)

· Children ages 8-12 will require direct adult supervision. (Min age of 8)

· Arrive by 08:00 in order to sign up, get assigned to a squad and attend Safety Briefing.

· Cost: $10 / person

· PRS Style Match will be open to Fusilier members, non-members & guests. (Non-members & guests will be required to sign waiver prior to competing.)

· Note: Only 22 Long Rifle Ammo Can Be Used!

Contact: Match Director Keith Phillips @ xkeithphillips@msn.com

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom