Is this a good deal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81157146
    Description for Item # 81157146

ATI MOSSBERG 500 FOLDING STOCK + ForeGrip COMBO
    ati-comboa22.jpg

*SUPER VALUE COMBO ! SAVE over 40% off RETAIL ! ATI TOP FOLDING SHOTGUN STOCK PLUS 5 SHELL HOLDER FOR MOSSBERG 500 590 & 835 SHOTGUNS WITH ADAPTERS TO FIT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OTHER SHOTGUNS (12 & 20 Gauge Mossberg 500/590/835, Maverick 88, Remington 870, Winchester 1200/1300 pump shotguns & THE Norinco 98 Series) + Black Vented Barrel HEAT SHIELD with Ghost ring Sight system + BLACK PISTOL GRIP FORE GRIP ! ALL IN ONE AUCTION ALL AT ONE LOW PRICE !. The ultimate compact, tough design. Shotgun functions in open or closed position. Includes rear pistol grip. Quick release button allows buttstock to fold/unfold instantly. Sling swivel stud included. Reversible for right or left-handed shooters. Made in the USA and backed by an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. Stock is pre-drilled to accept the Shotshell HolderWHICH IS INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION. Includes adapters and mounting hardware to fit 12 & 20 Gauge Mossberg 500/590/835, Maverick 88, Remington 870, and Winchester 1200/1300 pump shotguns. Norinco 98 Series - Simple installation - no gunsmithing required. NOTE: AUCTION IS FOR STOCK , SHELL HOLDER, FORE GRIP & HEAT SHIELD ONLY !! NO GUN ! NO AMMO ! ARE INCLUDED ! THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME WILL ASK....... **** BRAND NEW *****

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    See here is my shotgun just a run of the mill 20" 500. I would like to Bubba it. I already have a pistol grip for it but I would rather have the stock so being able to switch between the two in seconds is what I'm after. I also plan on ordering a 28" barrel to go duck hunting with. As I was invited to go teal hunting last weekend but didn't have a gun to go with. That and I shot the bead off of it and think I will enjoy the ghost rings.
    LSP what is the deal with #4 shot for Law Enforcement is it worth investing in for home defense?

Shotgun.jpg

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Thanks for the info. What is your or anyones opinion of reduced recoil loads? I haven't tried them yet but think I might look into getting some that way the wife wont be scared to grab the 12 if needed.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    we issue the federal reduced recoil 00B, never seen anyone have any issues shooting it with proper technique, including smaller framed females who have never fired a shotgun before.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Newton's law applies to reduced recoil. You cannot reduce recoil (all else being equal) without reducing the force of the explosion. You cannot reduce the explosion (all else equal) without reducing velocity. You cannot reduce velocity (all else equal) without reducing penetration. You cannot reduce penetration (all else equal) without reducing 'stopping power.'

You can't escape physics, is all I am saying. There are mechanical means of reducing felt recoil, but reducing it by having a less powerful explosion in the same caliber/weapon cannot help but cut back the wounding potential of the projectile.

This is why (despite the opinion of some) that smaller shot is 'just as effective' as larger shot at 'x' range. Many people assume this to be so 'because an oz of lead is an oz of lead.' Well, no. Would you rather have me throw a one pound rock at you, or a pound of pebbles?

Bird shot may hurt, and I am not going to volunteer to stand in front of you while you shoot it, but it cannot be relied upon to penetrate effectively to stop a determined advancing attacker.

The box-o-truth web site has illustrated this in an interesting fashion, if you would like to see pictures.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Only the government would use AA Fir plywood to do shooting tests! I bet that stuff is at least $50 a sheet! Our tax dollars hard at work...

Top Bottom