Is this a possibe solution for the illegal alien problem?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    There is so much media and political hype about the illegal alien problem in America and yet nothing is being done to deal with it effectively. Why not, at our manned, legal border crossings, have a system whereby those entering the U.S. can apply for and be issued, say, a one year permit, utilizing a "smart" I. D. photo card with their fingerprint on it. In this day and age of computers any law officer performing an I.D. check could instantly verify their identity.

Now, since they are legally allowed in America they can now pay taxes when they work. With regards to Social Security let it be plainly stated that no one except a U.S. citizen would ever qualify for SS and therefore no alien would be entitled unless someday they became a citizen.

Each year, their entry permit would have to be renewed and if they had not been gainfully employed for at least 10 of the last 12 months their permit would be revoked.

At each border entry point let there be an job office where employers can post their needs and the new permitted aliens could instantly apply for and be granted the job.

Maybe this would not be foolproof but it certainly could be a good starting point.

And as far as those who "sneak across" into our country, apprehend them, I.D. them, and never allow them legal entry. Put the word out all along the border that to be allowed to work and stay in America the rules must be followed, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Also, inform Mexixo that any illegal crossing into America across the U.S./Mexican border that Mexico will be billed $25,000 per alien, payable in cash or barrels of oil. Surely, this would cause Mexico to greatly assist in preventing illegal border crossings.

What do yall think?

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I think you are going to catch some flack on this forum for suggesting such things. I, however, am not quite so far to the right. I think there should be a path to citizenship in this country that isn't so unobtainable, especially for the disadvantaged. If you don't know what I'm talking about, speak to someone that's gone all the way through the process.

IMO stopping illegals from sneaking into the country for a chance at a better life for themselves and their families is like fighting the War on Drugs. The incentives to come here are too great, and, for most, the worst that can happen is the end up back where they started.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Lets be clear, they are CRIMINAL Alien's.

I vote we go after the employers. Why create more crap when we have laws in place to take care of it now ?
    And for those who will cry about how the poor Mexicans "do the work Americans won't do" I call bull ****. My family worked the fields until the late 40's when they started showing up and were willing to work for less than half. Now they work construction as well and still work for chump change.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    If these poor mexican ppl affected your pay like they do someone who is a Carpenter or Roofer or Ditch digger.When they do those jobs cheaper than we can (because they dont pay taxes or insurance)it makes us do it cheaper or not at all.You can drive by home depo and see the spraypainted sighn on there trailer advertising prices that were being paid 15 years ago.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If these poor mexican ppl affected your pay like they do someone who is a Carpenter or Roofer or Ditch digger.When they do those jobs cheaper than we can (because they dont pay taxes or insurance)it makes us do it cheaper or not at all.You can drive by home depo and see the spraypainted sighn on there trailer advertising prices that were being paid 15 years ago.

Agreed Bam. If they had to get into the system. Pay taxes and insurance they wouldn't be so cheap. Living twenty to a house does lower overhead thougth..

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    The ILLEGALS entering our country have nothing to lose by doing so. I'm all for going after those that employ them though. A citizen can't make a living wage on what most of them are paid but they can since they pay no taxes. On top of that, if they are sick, they just go to the emergency room and guess who gets to cover that cost indirectly? I say make the people that are so greedy as to hire them in the first place, rather than pay a citizen a fair wage, are the ones that should be prosecuted. If there was nobody here willing to hire them in the first place, they would feel much less compelled to come here. The illegal employers are the ones that have something to lose afterall.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Lets be clear, they are CRIMINAL Alien's.

I vote we go after the employers. Why create more crap when we have laws in place to take care of it now ?
    And for those who will cry about how the poor Mexicans "do the work Americans won't do" I call bull ****. My family worked the fields until the late 40's when they started showing up and were willing to work for less than half. Now they work construction as well and still work for chump change.

+10000

Also, they do the construction work American's want to do, for less than we usually charge, and not nearly as well in many cases. I've seen some terrible sheetrock work...

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I totally agree that the employers should be held more accountable. I deal with this alot as a workers' comp adjuster. I like the thread posters ideas, as well. It's a hard pill to swallow, but we as a country can't survive without migrant workers. A larger portion of our agricultural and farming stock is assisted by migrant workers. Kick them all out and we'll run short. Not many people these days care to work in the fields. Urban growth is growing and rural growth is falling. There has to be a better solution than the one we have now. It's not working.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    we can survive without migrant workers...it will just be hard to until people get away from this idea that working a tractor in a field is chump work, and not an honorable profession, and they get hungry.

Pop-Culture since the old days has created this image, it needs to go.

The US -has- to be Agrarian, Industrial, and Service Oriented...all three to survive, and this needs to be done by Americans.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    we can survive without migrant workers...it will just be hard to until people get away from this idea that working a tractor in a field is chump work, and not an honorable profession, and they get hungry.

So basically when our society crashes from food shortages we'll realize that we need to get back in the fields? We NEED migrant workers.

Pop-Culture since the old days has created this image, it needs to go.

How did 'pop culture' change (what) image? Times change. It's not 1840. We don't have the workforce to work in the fields like we used to. Honestly, it's about education. The US has higher educational standards than Mexico. They can get jobs in a sector that pays more and doesn't tax the body as much. That leaves a gap in production. Who's going to work that? A less skilled and educated worker. You can't stuff the genie back in the bottle.

The US -has- to be Agrarian, Industrial, and Service Oriented...all three to survive, and this needs to be done by Americans.

It's a global economy. As much as I'd like to see the US a powerhouse of manufacturing like in the turn of the century, we probably never will be again.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    So basically when our society crashes from food shortages we'll realize that we need to get back in the fields?

Yep

How did 'pop culture' change (what) image? Times change. It's not 1840. We don't have the workforce to work in the fields like we used to. Honestly, it's about education. The US has higher educational standards than Mexico. They can get jobs in a sector that pays more and doesn't tax the body as much. That leaves a gap in production. Who's going to work that? A less skilled and educated worker. You can't stuff the genie back in the bottle.

Pop culture, throughout US History since the early 1900's has made the farmer to look like a simpleton, a redneck, a hillbilly, and like its a degrading profession, and like status and stuff is what makes a person worthy.

It has nothing to do with Education.

btw, we have about 20,000,000 illegal immigrants. How many unemployed people are there in the US? If they are hungry, and not being fed by welfare, they will work fields...wouldn't you? I'm full on food that I made myself...that I bought with money I hard earned, and I am eager to be a farmer. Telling me that hungry people wont work? Keep giving people that do nothing...stuff? Nope.

It's a global economy. As much as I'd like to see the US a powerhouse of manufacturing like in the turn of the century, we probably never will be again.

Being a global economy is part of the problem. If we don't become a powerhouse in manufacturing for our own people, to be frank, we are ****** in the long run.

:)

Top Bottom