Ivory billed woodpecker

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Dunno how many on here follow or know about the ivory bill but it’s thought to now be extinct.

Theres a group of folks that seem to think they’ve captured one on video but it’s yet to be confirmed.

if you’ve never seen video or pics of one you can check them out here. https://abcbirds.org/bird/ivory-billed-woodpecker/

Sad to think such a bird has gone extinct in my life time.

Last edited:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    The pialated is similar in size and still common. I have those in my trees and they are amazing to see and hear when they move around.

There’s quite a reward for finding an ivory bill now.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I remember as a boy in the late 70’s learning the Ivory Billed was extinct and hearing conflicting stories of sightings but never any proof. With the advent of cell phones with cameras, I imagine we would eventually see some proof if they are indeed still around, but I’m doubtful. Along the same lines here, the Louisiana Pine snake was once thought to be extinct, then endangered and I’d actually found 2 of them (at different times) on our place outside of Clinton in the 80’s. The second was a large female that I handed over to the LSU Experimental Station for a small reward. They later paid us a visit to hunt for more.
    Thanks for the post.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Louisiana and the South was raped by Northern Lumber companies. They committed one of the greatest ecological disasters in USA history. They cut every single ancient Cypress from Texas all the way to Southern tip of Florida down. They are the reason the Ivory Billed Wood Pecker, Carolina parakeet, and more are gone. Plus all the money they made went to places like Chicago and New York. Leaving the South a treeless stinking mud pit with no protection from storms. Those trees were pushing a thousand years old. The swamps we see today are mear infants. There were even accounts of Jaguars once roaming LA swamps. Imagine that!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom