Iwi tavor opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    So i just picked one up but it doesn't have iron sites on it and I'm thinking of getting a red dot for it. I'm limited to indoor gun ranges and this won't be any kind of at home self defense gun. Opinions?

The scope was not included.

Attachments

• 56168.jpg
      56168.jpg
      138.1 KB · Views: 141
    Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Holosun, Vortex, and Primary Arms all make suitable red dots for a range toy.

Anything I should look for to come with them as far as the mounting is concerned. I've seen some models that are cheaper then others because of what mount is included.

Sweet SAR!

Maybe a MEPRO red dot?

Thanks....im pretty excited about getting to the range to play with it. Got it for a deal I couldn't pass up. It's supposed to have a Giselle super sabra trigger but I havent looked into that. For the price I got it for it really didn't concern me if it came with it or not.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Anything I should look for to come with them as far as the mounting is concerned. I've seen some models that are cheaper then others because of what mount is included.

A 1.54" riser at a minimum. Otherwise, your head is going to smashed down too low. The Tavor is set up similar to an AR-15 where your cheek weld is near parallel to the pic rail.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    The sar has iron sights. They fold into the top of the rail. I have a 1x8 lpvo on mine.

Thanks man!! I woulda never known! Lol... I just assumed, like with most ARs, it didn't come with iron sites.

I just made it back home and started watching break down vids. I didnt get any tool or cleaning pack with it but I don't think it's really needed. Seems easy enough to pop everything out with a punch or maybe even a cleaning rod.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Something with a riser or AR mount. For a Tavor, I would choose between a red dot/holographic, low fixed-power prism/acog, or LPVO. Plenty of good ones out there for good budgets.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    The sar has iron sights. They fold into the top of the rail. I have a 1x8 lpvo on mine.

I was just about to say this. They are built in the gun. I run an EoTech holo sight with a magnifier on mine. Gun is super accurate, but I never could get used to the weight balance compared to standard ARs. It's a sweet gun, but it's just a safe queen/range toy. Good thing you got the geiselle trigger. The stock trigger is horrible.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was just about to say this. They are built in the gun. I run an EoTech holo sight with a magnifier on mine. Gun is super accurate, but I never could get used to the weight balance compared to standard ARs. It's a sweet gun, but it's just a safe queen/range toy. Good thing you got the geiselle trigger. The stock trigger is horrible.
    I second all that. I sold mine in favor of the AUG and spent more money on modding the trigger which is mucho better now. The trigger on the Tavor is at least half the reason I parted with it, but such are bullpups.
    I used a Aimpoint Micro in a 1 inch riser mounted well forward on the rail and it worked out great. Never really saw anything but the dot and the target.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

I second all that. I sold mine in favor of the AUG and spent more money on modding the trigger which is mucho better now. The trigger on the Tavor is at least half the reason I parted with it, but such are bullpups.
    I used a Aimpoint Micro in a 1 inch riser mounted well forward on the rail and it worked out great. Never really saw anything but the dot and the target.

It is a bit "weird" to handle. I don't see myself keeping it to long after the "cool factor" wears off. The price I got it for and it being different were why I got it. I won't say I'm not a big fan of ar15s but I just think they are kinda blah and not worth the price tag they have been going for lately.

TKreloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2022
    picayune,ms
    Thanks man!! I woulda never known! Lol... I just assumed, like with most ARs, it didn't come with iron sites.

I just made it back home and started watching break down vids. I didnt get any tool or cleaning pack with it but I don't think it's really needed. Seems easy enough to pop everything out with a punch or maybe even a cleaning rod.
    they are surprisingly accurate. Trust me when i miss it's not the gun or the sights,lol

Top Bottom