Jerry cans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Anybody use anything other than red plastic cans? Is there a local source for better?

Now that I have an SUV instead of a pickup they have to go on the roof. I'd rather they not leak...

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I buy the plastic ones and basically view them as a consumable. The 5 gallon ones are generally around 10.00 and last me a couple of years. Actually the spouts seem to go out more than anything else depneding on how and where you store them.

Every couple of years I buy new ones. I like the low-weight and flexibility of the plastic ones versus the high-weight, cost, and "metal-banging" of the metal ones.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://www.deutscheoptik.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1718

good cans are hard to find nowadays with the california carb compliant crap. These are expensive but are brand new imports and won't leak. They are made by:

http://www.wavianassociates.com/

I have dealt with DeutshceOptik for years & they are a first-rate outfit. A few years ago, I was looking for some new binoculars and found a "deal" with them; I got 3 sets of 6x40 & one 10x50, all brand new Zeiss, for $1,000.00.

Their usual prices are pretty high, but they really back the stuff that they sell.

leVieux

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I buy the plastic ones and basically view them as a consumable. The 5 gallon ones are generally around 10.00 and last me a couple of years. Actually the spouts seem to go out more than anything else depneding on how and where you store them.

Every couple of years I buy new ones. I like the low-weight and flexibility of the plastic ones versus the high-weight, cost, and "metal-banging" of the metal ones.

This has been my experience. I have 2 or 3 that need new spouts now.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Hmmm.... after much googlefu $50 seems to be the going rate for the good ones. It'll have to wait til after the holidays since I want 3.
    The red plastic are comsumables. I'd rather they not leak on top my truck though.

I need to build a rack to go up there first anyway.

I may hold out for these anyway:

http://www.expeditionone.biz/Geri_intro.htm

Last edited:
    Top Bottom