Jim's Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    FYI Saw a pistol on internet from them and called store and salesperson said sale price was for internet only. So bought it on internet and later they called me and said they did not have it in stock and would issue refund. Called them later to talk to owner or manager and they said they "just got" some like I ordered but price was almost doubled. I have been customer for 35 years but when asked to speak to owner got young person with attitude. jim

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    ...and I thought only car salesmen played such games with potential customers (apologies if any forum members are car salesmen).

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    The only thing Jim’s is good for these days is to window shop and test drive… if you want somthing they might have it, go there and play with it and buy it on one of 10,000+ websites that are 30% cheaper then them and pay $25 transfer fee…

Jim’s also has joined the crowd with the other local gun stores… getting in 1-2 of a hot item and putting it on gunbroker for 3x the price vs selling locally for map pricing…. Can’t say I blame them but I do hate them for it lol

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    So, sounds like they sold a gun they did not physically have, and when they ordered the gun they sold you they were hit with a price increase and cancelled your sale?

If not intentional, the inmates are running the asylum and management oversight is lacking. If intentional, hmmmmm........

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Shortly after they moved into the new store on Siegen Lane some years ago was looking for a specific 1911 pistol but not in stock there but they could order to arrive in a couple of weeks but found what I was looking at another dealer outside of EBR and it was in stock and saved over $400 out the door price. ..................................... drill sgt.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    The only thing Jim’s is good for these days is to window shop and test drive… if you want somthing they might have it, go there and play with it and buy it on one of 10,000+ websites that are 30% cheaper then them and pay $25 transfer

Or you can go to Bowie's and get it for $200 cheaper. Like you said window shop and test drive.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have only used them one time, it was enough to not go again. Kids running the counters with little life experience trying to sell a 110 lb woman a 357 mag revolver with no shooting experience was enough for me.
    They used to get some nice pistols in, but not been in 15 years, not sure now.
    Defrene's in Lutcher has been my goto for 4 or 5 years now I think. He isn't the closest, but he is small, brick and mortar and local..

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i had a similar experience as others. went there in search of a ruger vacquero bisley model. they had one in stock and i was very tempted but when given the price of $749 or 759 plus tax i set it down and left. i proceeded to pelican pawn in denham who ordered me one for $605 out the door. haven't been back since.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    lol last time i gave them money, a long time friend of mine was a manager... i took a marlin 1895g up there because i lost one of the front screw for a xs sight... Figured he would help me out, he asked me if i wanted them to put the screw in also, i said sure... 10 mins later after some gun talk he came back with the marlin and said he got me taken care of and it would be $62.... $50 for the gunsmith fee and $12 for the screw... lol it wasnt a broken screw or needed it to be re-tapped it was a standard number 8 screw... Fool me once... never again... Btw i have contacted xs on several diff occ. about missing screws, smaller peeps, taller front sights ect and all have been shipped to me for free...

Like i said, they are a store front to window shop/test drive or for new gun people who have no idea how to do research on the web...

Im sksshooter, pelican pawn has prob the best prices on ordering guns outside of ordering them and getting them shipped to them.. they typically carry glocks for $525 vs jims is $700

dragginass

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When they were in the small shop on Siegen, and Jim was at the counter, it was a great place to do business. Not so much, any longer. They wanted $75 more than academy, and above MSRP for a 10/22 I was looking at several years ago. BR in general sucks, so I can only blame them so much I suppose.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Way back in the day I spent a lot there. The guy I did business with was named Brooks and he was amazing to deal with, then he left (I think for the military) and things went down hill. If any gun shop ever has the opportunity to hire him I will immediately start giving you my business…..

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Way back in the day I spent a lot there. The guy I did business with was named Brooks and he was amazing to deal with, then he left (I think for the military) and things went down hill. If any gun shop ever has the opportunity to hire him I will immediately start giving you my business…..
    Yep Brooks and Bryan were the best of them

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When they were in the small shop on Siegen, and Jim was at the counter, it was a great place to do business. Not so much, any longer. They wanted $75 more than academy, and above MSRP for a 10/22 I was looking at several years ago. BR in general sucks, so I can only blame them so much I suppose.
    I have to agree. I bought a lot of firearms from Jim himself at the little shop. He was great about ordering whatever I asked for too. For a couple years solid I don’t think I bought much anywhere else actually. I used to love to carouse his used rack and rarely did I not find a deal. Sadly, things changed dramatically when the new store opened. I think I’ve visited maybe 3-4 times over the years. I miss the old Jim’s Firearms.

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have only used them one time, it was enough to not go again. Kids running the counters with little life experience trying to sell a 110 lb woman a 357 mag revolver with no shooting experience was enough for me.
    They used to get some nice pistols in, but not been in 15 years, not sure now.
    Defrene's in Lutcher has been my goto for 4 or 5 years now I think. He isn't the closest, but he is small, brick and mortar and local..
    have you been to Cabelas????

Top Bottom