Keltec PMR-30

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L Vizinat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2024
    Louisiana
    Thats what I was thinking. Plenty of rounds and gun is light. Seems like a good camp gun to wear while doing work around the lease. Good for snakes and hogs

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Consider the ballistics of a 22 mag out of a short barrel and the relative high price that 22 mag can demand when ammo shelves are empty.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Extremely light and 30 rounds is what it has going for it.. Can be picky, you have to load the magazines well and use good ammo for reliability.

As ninja said, the S&W and Walther are better guns and more reliable but not as light.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    I've owned both the pmr and the cmr.
    Only 2 complaints about the pmr are ....
    #1) mags are incredibly difficult to load without a specific speed loader
    #2) the amount of spawl that comes out the end of that barrel, your constantly taking debris to the face. Eye protection is a must. (Non-issue on cmr)
    Other than that, they were both a blast to shoot(pun intended)
    The only reason I sold mine was, at the time , prices were up and I made double what I purchased them for.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    pmr 30 22 mag velocities.png

nickjone5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2017
    Hammond
    I am a fan of Kel-tec in general. I have multiple different caliber pistols & rifles including both the PMR-30 & CMR-30. I clean everything after each use and never have any issues with either when shooting. They’re both up there on my list of favorite ones to shoot. The pmr design is cool, lightweight, and overall it’s a quality piece esp for the price. Should be able to pick a new one up for about $350-375 right now. US based company out of Florida as well!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have 2 and a CMR that I’ve ran the crap out of and no problems. I don’t use a loader but I load the mags as directed, which amounts to tapping them to the rear about every 5 rounds or so. I bought a bunch of mags so I don’t have to spend range time loading. Don’t try anything polymer tipped, as they don’t function well. I loaded up on Fiocchi soft tips and CCI FMJ and HP years ago and I’m not having any issues with spalling, as mentioned above. That could be ammo related. Added fun if you can find the Winchester subs for the CMR, although you might have to hand cycle. Buying a used one might be risky, as you might be relieving someone of one of the earlier problematic pistols. That happened to a buddy who got impatient and paid way over retail. Sucked for him.
    Overall, they’re great little guns. Super light with no recoil. I found them to be very accurate.
    Last bit of advice. The pistol comes with different color front sight pins. When you settle on the one you prefer (hi-vis green for me) do yourself a favor and add a dab of epoxy to the tip before seating it.

Last edited:

Fatpuppy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Zachary
    Thats what I was thinking. Plenty of rounds and gun is light. Seems like a good camp gun to wear while doing work around the lease. Good for snakes and hogs
    If you’re worried about snakes, don’t forget about 9mm rat shot. Just bought some today in preparation for grass cutting/snake finding season

Top Bottom