Kim Potter, ex-Minnesota officer, found guilty of manslaughter in death of Daunte Wright

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Wow I predict that lots of current offices will look at this and say "man that could happen to me I need to find a new job". Good luck finding new offices Minneapolis

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Only the responding social workers on scene should be issues tasers. Then this would never happen. Congress must act now!

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    This is why she is dumb.
    1. She put her taser on the same side as her gun.
    End of case. She made a mistake, killed someone and she should pay the price. We put people up for manslaughter for doing even less than this if they killed someone by accident.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I think she blew up on the suspect and shot him in anger, then yelled Tazer afterwards as part of her post shooting survivor strategy.
    Witnesses are traumatised and can't tell when you said something during a shooting, so you say what needs to be said even after shots are fired to cover yourself. Things like "drop your weapon" or "stop sir" are examples of this.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I think she blew up on the suspect and shot him in anger, then yelled Tazer afterwards as part of her post shooting survivor strategy.
    Witnesses are traumatised and can't tell when you said something during a shooting, so you say what needs to be said even after shots are fired to cover yourself. Things like "drop your weapon" or "stop sir" are examples of this.
    Maybe watch the actual video before you make idiotic comments like this. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And other low information viewers take what you are saying and parrot it without even the slightest research, and then it becomes fact.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    This is why she is dumb.
    1. She put her taser on the same side as her gun.
    End of case. She made a mistake, killed someone and she should pay the price. We put people up for manslaughter for doing even less than this if they killed someone by accident.
    You are about as well informed as @323MAR. Maybe a bit of research before you just make things up ?

Her taser was on the other side of her body, AND set up for an off hand draw. (Non firearm hand).

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I want to remind everyone that the guy resisted arrest and jumped back into his car. I don't know about you but a lot of people keep pistols in the front seat area where you can reach it I know I do. Moral of the story is don't resist arrest. Get a lawyer.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Maybe watch the actual video before you make idiotic comments like this. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And other low information viewers take what you are saying and parrot it without even the slightest research, and then it becomes fact.
    I am not familiar with body cams, but I was instructed to say what needed to be said in front of witnesses during and after a shooting at a municipal training academy.
    You know nothing about me, so your insults fell flat. If you are going to insult people here, then get to know who you are insulting so that your insults actually connect.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I am not familiar with body cams, but I was instructed to say what needed to be said in front of witnesses during and after a shooting at a municipal training academy.
    You know nothing about me, so your insults fell flat. If you are going to insult people here, then get to know who you are insulting so that your insults actually connect.

Cool story bro, your assessment of the shooting in question fell flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sorry about that! I stand corrected on that. It's even worse then! In that instant, she decided to shoot him in anger(this does happen) and pretended to go for the Tazer yo cover it up.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Cool story bro, your assessment of the shooting in question fell flat.

We clearly do not agree. That's perfectly fine! Your respectful tone is appreciated. I sent further details on the training via PM.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    We clearly do not agree. That's perfectly fine! Your respectful tone is appreciated. I sent further details on the training via PM.
    First off I'm definitely not one to immediately take cops side on anything as I personally feel too many are bullies and feel they are the law instead of law enforcement . That said I know nothing about this female cop , she may be a bad cop or one of the good cops . What I do know is in this instance she clearly made an honest mistake that anyone could have made under the right circumstances . It was definitely a situation where the punk needed to be apprehend then and there . I think she was torn or confused , whatever , as to whether she needed to have her Taser out or her handgun . I was in a similar situation recently removing a cranked / methed up zombie from a shed behind an elderly friends house . Should I be ready to pepper spray if he attacks without a weapon or since he keeps trying to reach in his jacket pocket have my pistol on him ??? I definitely wasn't going to get in a wrestling match with him . That is exactly what I think happened , she initially thought the appropriate tool was a firearm and at the last second her brain said use the taser and she reacted without regrouping . Another point is if she had not thought it was a taser and known it was her gun she was justified in using what ever force she had to use . I personally hope she gets a light sentence and wish nothing but bad for the prosecutor .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    First off I'm definitely not one to immediately take cops side on anything as I personally feel too many are bullies and feel they are the law instead of law enforcement . That said I know nothing about this female cop , she may be a bad cop or one of the good cops . What I do know is in this instance she clearly made an honest mistake that anyone could have made under the right circumstances . It was definitely a situation where the punk needed to be apprehend then and there . I think she was torn or confused , whatever , as to whether she needed to have her Taser out or her handgun . I was in a similar situation recently removing a cranked / methed up zombie from a shed behind an elderly friends house . Should I be ready to pepper spray if he attacks without a weapon or since he keeps trying to reach in his jacket pocket have my pistol on him ??? I definitely wasn't going to get in a wrestling match with him . That is exactly what I think happened , she initially thought the appropriate tool was a firearm and at the last second her brain said use the taser and she reacted without regrouping . Another point is if she had not thought it was a taser and known it was her gun she was justified in using what ever force she had to use . I personally hope she gets a light sentence and wish nothing but bad for the prosecutor .

Your explanation is a good theory. You might actually be right.
    Ad far as "mistaking a handgun for a Taser" goes, I just can't buy that. The holsters are different, the feel is different and so is the trigger. I do not think she is a "mentally challenged" person. In any case, she was found guilty.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Your explanation is a good theory. You might actually be right.
    Ad far as "mistaking a handgun for a Taser" goes, I just can't buy that. The holsters are different, the feel is different and so is the trigger. I do not think she is a "mentally challenged" person. In any case, she was found guilty.
    You fight like you trained and train like you fight . I know it's hard to comprehend if you have never been in that situation but your muscle memory and trained response to the threat is doing one thing while your brain is doing another. I'm not mentally challenged , well at least not severely but I have been in stressful situations where my brain said to do one thing but my instincts or training did another . Would have, could have, should have is always after the fact . Yesterday a 14 year old was accidentally shot through a dressing room wall , I don't know if the cop was a jerk or not . Should he/ she have taken better aim or not even shot ? I don't know the circumstances but I know it was tragic and hope and pray the situation is investigated fairly and politics is left completely out of it . The percentage of good cops versus bad cops will be more leaning towards bad or unqualified if we keep making it hard on the ones who are trying the best they can in bad situations .

Top Bottom