Knife Sharpening

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • REDLINE83

AURIBUS TENERE LUPUM
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 9, 2015
    Northshore
    Who lives on the Northshore that has experience with knife sharpening? Seen real dated threads/posts and trying to see who still does it. Thanks.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have a V-sharp Classic Elite; we have done some work for the master US distributor.
    I also have one of the serrated sharpeners, we got a great deal on mine
    Wouldn’t change a thing

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Who lives on the Northshore that has experience with knife sharpening? Seen real dated threads/posts and trying to see who still does it. Thanks.

I mostly try to sharpen my own stuff but if you are wanting someone to do it there is a clock/watch/pocket knife store on Gause Blvd in Slidell that sharpens knives. Northshore Clock and Knives I believe its called.

Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    CENLA
    Every person that carries a knife should learn how to sharpen it. It’s not hard just have patience. I’m not trying to hurt feelings but it’s a necessity. If you’re in the central Louisiana area I can help with teaching how to use stones and which ones do what.

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Spyderco sharp maker is the best I have owned.
    This a sharpener that anyone can use.
    It is not for reprofiling. I use it on multiple knives I have in D2,S30V. Zdp189, William Henry and Arno Bernard N690 Kabar 1095.
    Watch their video.
    Search:
    spyderco triangle sharpmaker video

I a 2X72 belt grinder for reprofiling and on knives i make.
    Any power sharpener will generate to much heat to really get an edge I like.

Norsewolf

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I do light mods and sharpen knives for everyone at my PD. If you still looking, I’d be happy to help. Niner Ait Fif Too Wun Fif Too Too Six Niner

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Never was a Boy Scout. I probably wouldn’t be able to own a gun now if I had.
    Only a year later to reply.....

To Redline83's question, I was actually serious. Scouts were expected to master sharpening skills for all knives and axes.

My son, also a fireman and an Eagle Scout, participated in Boy Scout sponsored rifle shooting and shotgun shooting and he earned the Merit Badges for those skills. Shooting sports have been very much a part of being a Scout and Scout Camps have had ranges.

If you had been a Scout you most certainly would have been exposed to shooting sports and encouraged to safely participate, buying firearms when you were old enough. You actually might have had more than you currently own if you had been a Scout :).

I know the program has become more "woke" recently, and I am also not as informed as I used to be, but those Merit Badges are still offered. Hopefully the woke mob will not destroy Scouting and the shooting programs will still be included when my grandson is old enough to join.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Saw an ad a couple days ago. Bourgeois Meat Market in Schriever is sharpening knives for, I think, $9.
    I don't know anything about this market, but growing up in the restaurant business we always had a guy that showed up in his mobile home sized work truck to sharpen knives. He used a giant grinding wheel and the blades never looked the same again. I wouldn't let him touch my German kitchen knives, much less my pocket knives.

RDG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2023
    Central
    I do my own and buddies from time to time I’m located in central if you’re interested

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpeg
      IMG_0836.jpeg
      384.9 KB · Views: 33

Batwing6

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2023
    Slidell
    As someone mentioned in the upper post, Al's watch and clock shop on Gause Blvd, right by Robert Rd.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom