Knife store around NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am looking for a knife store around NOLA that carries high end production knives. So the typical spydercos, benchmades, emersons etc. but also Chris Reeve's and Striders.

Anyone know of a place?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Good luck on that and on catching them with what you want in stock. If you get frustrated there is a guy up near Monroe who has a store and a web site, I've bought from him a number of times and there's Roy of Bayou Blades who goes to all the gun shows, he has some really nice stuff including some hand made stuff from some of the local makers like Fred Durio and Mike Sanders.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Good luck on that and on catching them with what you want in stock. If you get frustrated there is a guy up near Monroe who has a store and a web site, I've bought from him a number of times and there's Roy of Bayou Blades who goes to all the gun shows, he has some really nice stuff including some hand made stuff from some of the local makers like Fred Durio and Mike Sanders.

I believe that you are speaking about KnifeWorks in Columbia, La.
    I have visited his store frequently and he has one of the largest inventories of Benchmade in the country. He ships a lot internationally and is usually one of the cheapest on the internet. WWW.Kinfeworks.com :cool:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have visited his store frequently and he has one of the largest inventories of Benchmade in the country. He ships a lot internationally and is usually one of the cheapest on the internet. WWW.Kinfeworks.com :cool:

I think thats where I got my first Benchmade years ago.

You link wouldn't work from me, here's another one.

http://www.knifeworks.com/

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks for the info guys but Monroe geez might as well be a different state. That is 5 hours away and the quickest route is through Jackson, Ms. I refuse to purchase a blade that cost as much as a firearm unless I fondle it first. Sometimes living in Louisiana is frustration. Someone needs to install a freshwater spring, a beach with blue water, and knife store around NOLA. Mix in legally being able to carry automatic knives and this would be my Shangri-La

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

Really nice store and I bought a Benchmade from him. He's $30 lower than The Knife Center of the Internet.

Thanks for the recommendation. That will excuse the bad url. <bg>

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sometimes living in Louisiana is frustration. Someone needs to install a freshwater spring, a beach with blue water, and knife store around NOLA. Mix in legally being able to carry automatic knives and this would be my Shangri-La

True, but the food is better here...

Alpine Clocks has a decent selection and semi-decent prices.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am looking for a knife store around NOLA that carries high end production knives. So the typical spydercos, benchmades, emersons etc. but also Chris Reeve's and Striders.

Anyone know of a place?

BR Police supply had some benchmades and spyderco's. Massey's Outfitters carries benchmades and there is a store in New Orleans, Covington, Baton Rouge, and Metarie. They also have websites.

www.brpolicesupplies.com
    www.masseysoutfitters.com

As far as Striders or CRK's go, good luck. I'm unaware of anywhere in louisiana with those brands.

Edit-

Also, Jims firearms has a somewhat large selection of Spyderco's. However, they are somewhat pricey.

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    BR Police supply had some benchmades and spyderco's. Massey's Outfitters carries benchmades and there is a store in New Orleans, Covington, Baton Rouge, and Metarie. They also have websites.

www.brpolicesupplies.com
    www.masseysoutfitters.com

As far as Striders or CRK's go, good luck. I'm unaware of anywhere in louisiana with those brands.

Edit-

Also, Jims firearms has a somewhat large selection of Spyderco's. However, they are somewhat pricey.

So are BR Police Supply. I bought one there for ~$30 and it was less than $15 from KnifeCenter.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Yes exactly who I'm talking about, knows knives well and there is a plethora of young ladies with "adorable accents" to talk to if you call.

Thanks for the info guys but Monroe geez might as well be a different state. That is 5 hours away and the quickest route is through Jackson, Ms. I refuse to purchase a blade that cost as much as a firearm unless I fondle it first. Sometimes living in Louisiana is frustration. Someone needs to install a freshwater spring, a beach with blue water, and knife store around NOLA. Mix in legally being able to carry automatic knives and this would be my Shangri-La

Well, that may not be possible unless you drive. If this were Houston or some similarly large city then I imagine you'd be able to find several places with his kind of inventory. The other option I mentioned is goto a gun show that Roy attends and fondle some of his inventory. I would venture to say that most ANY knife you purchase from Benchmade, Kershaw Case, Mcusta, Böker etc. that is made with a high quality blade material like S30V or 154CM you will be totally satisfied with it quality wise. The only thing that arises is size, shape color.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I suggest you go up to Alpine and look and hold what you're looking for, if the price is right get it from them, but if it isn't then order what you have decided you like online from one of the cheaper companies. Basically, use the high-priced store to allow yourself to physically examine what you'll order online! :D

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

I ordered a Benchmade from them Friday and received it via priority mail today.

Can't ask for better service and the price was pretty good, too.

I was impressed.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey guys thanks for the suggestion. I checked out ALPINE this saturday and they had a great selection. They even had a couple of Chris Reeve Knives including the Large Sebenza I was considering (no longer the case). They where priced high but I ended up picking up another Swiss Army Knife. The funny thing was they had a nice selection of automatics and I started talking to him about the legality of owning those in Louisiana and he pretty much stated that it is legal to sell them and they are legal to purchase but you can't carry them legally. He then laughed and said those are some of my biggest sellers. I can state that the customer service was outstanding I am thinking about bringing them the prices of the guys I buy from offline and seeing if they can match those or come close. I would pay tax to help support a local mom and pop shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom