knives with the "wave" feature

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    it really as easy to get it to function as it should be? i'm a lefty so i'm concerned with the hook being on the wrong side (facing forward). do any of the knives with the wave feature have a reversible pocket clip so i can use it properly with my strong hand? :hs:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I have been wanting to get one of these knives that opens as you pull it from your pocket, but I would prefer to get a brand that I have heard of. Nothing against Sypderco, I just never heard of them before and they appear to be the only brand I have seen with this feature.

jeremyws1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Ruston, LA
    I have been wanting to get one of these knives that opens as you pull it from your pocket, but I would prefer to get a brand that I have heard of. Nothing against Sypderco, I just never heard of them before and they appear to be the only brand I have seen with this feature.

Never heard of Spyderco!? Do you live in a cave? ;)

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Never heard of Spyderco!? Do you live in a cave? ;)
    Well, let's just say I have never seen them in any of my dealer's knife showcases. I am more familiar with Kershaw, Benchmade, Buck, Case, Gerber, Swiss, and a few others that I have seen locally. I just never saw a Spyderco locally.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've been carrying Spyderco's daily for at 15 years. No complaints, its held up well. Its light and holds an edge. The serrated edge is a bit more trouble to sharpen. I can keep it reasonably sharp (maybe every few months), but every couple of years I have a local sharpening center clean it up for me. Nothing fancy, but it works.

Blown330

I shoot therefore I am.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    S'port
    I know this is pretty much a dead topic but I'll figure I'll answer it for posterity. Short answer is yes, the "waved" feature knives do open very quickly...faster than any automatic knife in terms of coming off from being clipped to your pocket. Take a little practice to get the feel of it and some pants will work better than others but generally it's intuitive. I have an Emerson Commander BTS I picked up for the sake of owning one and aside from the novelty there are probably better choices out there for the money.

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I just Impulse bought a spyderco endura 4 wave clipit. ( i got the full serrated edge, i bought it to use in case i have to cut a rope/seatbelt in a quick situation)

:exnbp:

The blade is 3 and 3/4 inches long... can i carry a blade that big? (legally in louisiana)

I spend too much money for a kid my age :o

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Never replied but I ended up finding a lefty commander on arfcom a while back.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I just Impulse bought a spyderco endura 4 wave clipit. ( i got the full serrated edge, i bought it to use in case i have to cut a rope/seatbelt in a quick situation)

:exnbp:

The blade is 3 and 3/4 inches long... can i carry a blade that big? (legally in louisiana)

I spend too much money for a kid my age :o

Other than switchblades, which are illegal to carry- LA does not have a length restriction on blades. The only thing that makes a knife illegal to carry is if it is both A) intentionally concealed, and B) probably for use as a weapon. Furthermore, most precincts will only actually bust you for any kind of knife if you are a felon or doing something stupid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom