knoxx for 870: compstock or specops?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i don't really like the looks of the specops but it seems it might make the gun easier to wield. i also like the LOP adjustment of the specops. :hs:

i know a few of you endorse the specops stock but what about the compstock?

Specops:
    Dual_Closeup_BW_Pics.gif

Compstock:
    GhostComp.gif

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I really want a compstock... I'd like to shoot one first though. I dont like the look of any of the collapsible stocks on an 870, but I'd prefer if the stock was shorter. I like the youth size stocks alot for an entry type gun, but I havent found a compstock in a youth size, only the hogues regular stocks.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I don't get it. Is it the recoil absorbition you want or the length? Why not cut a factory stock to length and add a good recoil pad? If you want less recoil go with a lighter load. It'd be cheaper and the bad guy won't be able to tell the difference... For what they charge for these shock absorbers you could just about go to the pawn shop and buy a second 870 with a different length stock.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I didn't post this because I decided against it since I want to get the surefire forend and they seem to not like one another. :o

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I meant I didn't understand the advantage of the adjustable stock. Too much money for the benefit.

My stock and foreend seem to get along. At least I haven't heard them arguing yet... :)

I do like the surefire foreend. Still, its a lot of money to attach a flashlight for a home or truck gun. If I were LE I could justify it, but then I'd probably have dumped the shotgun for a rifle ASAP.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I want the shorter length and the recoil if I could get it, as for using a different load, I'm stuck with whats issued. In a working situation the AR would be my first choice for "backup" anyway.

I think the recoil absorbtion would just make it more fun to shoot more shotgun, plus more girlfriend friendly.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A 12ga isn't fun for me to shoot with buckshot (its OK w/ bird shot). I certainly wouldn't hand it to my wife on the range! Get your girlfriend a 16ga or .410 and load it with reduced recoil OO buckshot... or better yet a 10/22 and a ruger .22 and a box of coke cans.

Top Bottom