L1A1 repair needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chaplain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Prairieville
    I picked up a Century L1A1 in a trade a couple of months back. Upon taking it out to the range, I discovered that it is a single shot. It won't even extract the empty. It jams about halfway back. I stopped by my local gunsmith and he didn't feel like he had the expertise to fix it. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this thing, but it does need fixing. I'm out of the Gonzales area. If anyone has any suggestions other than Jim's I will be glad to hear from you.

Thanks.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Make sure the gas setting is on, and not on grenade launcher. If it is on make sure the gas setting is up enough.
    If your gun is partially ejecting the spent round, then jamming the now expanded case back into the chamber which makes it hard to extract then you need to increase the gas setting.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I know that Nick at Reynerson's is good at military type semi automatics.

http://www.reynersons.com/

He's done a lot of work for me over the years on milsurps and I've always been happy. However my milsurps are bolt action. I did bring him a Century CETME that wouldn't work. He pointed out to me in less than 2 minutes all the signs that the frame hadn't been welded onto the trunnion straight. It would've been more money to fix than the rifle cost. Century is notorious for poor quality control, attention to detail, and poor customer service after the sale. They won't replace a rifle after it's been shot. So you need to find out if it'll work or not prior to shooting it? I've never bought another CAI product that they "made" and never will again. Also I recommend against anyone else buying them. Hopefully your gas setting was in the wrong position b/c the price to get it working is entirely on you. Good luck! :)

Dave

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Chaplian I am right here in Prairieville/Galvez I would be glad to take a look at it for you, I can also check the headspacing as well.
    It doesn't sound like you have any major problem, and NOTHING we can't get worked out and get her running.....

Shoot me a PM and we can get together to get her looked at.....

KT

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom