Lady suing Wal-Mart over a Nutria!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    http://www.klfy.com/global/story.asp?s=10332062

Nutria Scare Causes Law Suit

Nutria Scare Causes Law Suit

Norman the Nutria Rat is going to have to find a new home.

Until now, he'd been living at the Wal-Mart in Abbeville, apparently cared for by Wal-Mart employees. But after he scared one customer, to the point of injury, he'll have to live somewhere else.

It's a story that's pulling national attention. Attorney Tony Fontana says Norman, the nutria rat caused an accident. His client was simply shopping and when she saw the rat, it startled her, now he wants Wal-Mart to pay.

"She fills up her basket, heads toward the coke section and all of a sudden this big nutria rat with a long tail and big teeth comes running right at her she thinks the rat's attacking her, she tries to protect herself and the cart goes over her foot."

In a statement from Wal-Mart "a safe, clean and friendly shopping environment for customers is always our goal. We're reviewing the lawsuit and will respond in court at the appropriate time."

But that's not enough for some Wal-Mart customers; they want Norman gone for good.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Running into a pole that is wrapped with carpet and marked with red caution lines and not being injured is enough to win a lawsuit.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I hate people who just sue for any little things. Like the lady who sued McDonalds because she was fat. Its not McDonalds fault you eat there every day!! or the lady who suied a ciarette company for throat and lung cancer!! WTF you know they can cause cancer sooo why smoke if you can't handle the concequences?

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I hate people who just sue for any little things. Like the lady who sued McDonalds because she was fat.

that is the funniest thing ever.

its called exercising some f***ing self control.

with all that newfound money she can now buy even more mcdonalds.

way to go courts for ignoring the real problem

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Wait, I can sue Mcdonalds due to my overweight stature!!!! hmm I don't really eat there, what about Potato Farmers and bread makers, can I sue them?????

Last edited:

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Oh, I believe you, I just would have never thought to sue a food maker becuase I ate their food and became fat.

Yeah IDK if they won, but it think the lady who sued the cigarette company won. You KNOW cigarettes are addiciting and can cause cancer so why sue the company for getting cancer when you KNOW before you start smoking it very very addictive and can cause cancer. People need to start taking responsability for their own actions and stop trying to find the easy way out. People sue for the stupidest thing and they often win. That pisses me off.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    If you don't believe me
    Teen suise McDonalds for being fat.....http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63698,00.html
    this one is easy, charge the parents with neglecting the health of their children
    and aiding in the destruction of their health.

punish them for the crimes they have committed instead of rewarding them for it.

if they believe it is a breach upon their health and are suing for it, then I see no reason not to charge the ones responsible for causing it. the parents who more than often paid for those meals

I sound a little cold, I know. but blaming somebody else for your problems or problems that you caused is wrong.

Last edited:

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    this one is easy, charge the parents with neglecting the health of their children
    and aiding in the destruction of their health.

punish them for the crimes they have committed instead of rewarding them for it.

if they believe it is a breach upon their health and are suing for it, then I see no reason not to charge the ones responsible for causing it. the parents who more than often paid for those meals

I definatly agree with you. The parents should take responsability for what their children eat. McDonalds should not have pay for someone elses kids being fat b/c the parents don't know how to tell their kids they can't eat McDonalds.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I definatly agree with you. The parents should take responsability for what their children eat. McDonalds should not have pay for someone elses kids being fat b/c the parents don't know how to tell their kids they can't eat McDonalds.

kinda thing pisses me off how they get away with it

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I'd say nutria woman has a good case. What other store do you know that has a giant rat wandering the aisles. I know I'd sue the shizzen out of them if my wife went there and got scared from a giant rat running towards her and she busted her kester trying to get away from it and it then it caused a cessation of nookie time.
    Would you buy produce there if a big friggin rat was munching on a head of lettuce in the vegetable section? Seems several health violations occurred as well. If they wanted Norman for a pet it should have been in a cage outside the store. The store manager should be handed his head on a platter for allowing a wild animal to roam the aisles.
    Then again it would probably be funny if someone turned a dog loose in there to go after the rat.

I wonder how many that were CCW wouldnt blast the damn thing if it was running towards them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom