Lafayette Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I live in New Orleans. What are prices like at these shows? My buddy and me have been looking at the S&W S&P 15-22. I am also looking at a Ruger 10-22 as a starter build. Would it be worth driving the two hours to find an awesome deal?

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I live in New Orleans. What are prices like at these shows? My buddy and me have been looking at the S&W S&P 15-22. I am also looking at a Ruger 10-22 as a starter build. Would it be worth driving the two hours to find an awesome deal?

Kenner is next weekend Gonzales is the weekend after that. Save the gas.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I've been looking for a cheap 10-22 for a while...never found one at a gun show that fit my needs...If someone doesn't sell me a lightly used 10-22 soon, I'll probably end up getting a basic model from Academy eventually I guess.

Come to think of it....I haven't purchased an actual firearm at a gun show in over 15 years....I look around with my Iphone in hand and usually always have no problem finding whatever I'm looking at cheaper someplace else. But I'm a patient type person. There's not many things that make me feel I want it RIGHT NOW.

Misc parts, reloading stuff, & ammo are the things I usually end up leaving with...

theway109

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Lafayette, LA

The 15-22s were 450 or 480 with the flip-up sights.

There weren't many 10/22s, none at what I would consider a good price.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

It's not worth it for you to drive to the one in Kenner. Gun shows are good for meeting people, looking at/handling guns (especially Tauri :mamoru:), and generally just hanging out, but gone are the days of awesome deals.

Check out the site sponsor's, one of them should be able to get ya what you need. :cool:

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Generally you will find very few bargains at gun shows anymore - unless you happen to run into an individual walking around who is selling something. I'd save my gas. Buy from a sponsor or local shop unless you can realize substantial savings on the internet auctions, including shipping and FFL fees. JMO.

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Rare deals exist once in a while. Though not necessarily expected, the deal of a lifetime could be at the next gun show. I can strike out the next 10 years of local gun shows but the deal I got 3 years ago still makes up for it. I scored 2 nickel HK P7M10 from a seller for $2200. I just couldn't believe my luck when I saw it at the table. One needed an extractor so i sent it out to HK for a quick fix (cost $100) but the other one was damn near unfired. Both had 2 mags and original boxes/paperwork. Suffice to say, bank account was hurting after the deal but I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for a month after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom