Lawmaker: Offer the poor sterilization incentives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/29687494.html

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A suburban New Orleans legislator is revisiting the controversial idea of paying poor women to undergo sterilization.

State Representative John LaBruzzo told New Orleans Citybusiness, in an article published this week, that the program he is thinking about would be voluntary. It would pay poor women $1,000 to have their fallopian tubes tied.

LaBruzzo, a Metairie Republican, says the plan could slow the growth of welfare rolls. But critics of such plans have long said the idea is racist. Sheila Griffin, interim director of the New Orleans Women's Health Clinic, criticized the idea as targeting poor black women and said better proposals to aid the poor would be to raise the minimum wage while improving education, labor laws and health care.

Give me a break.:rolleyes:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A suburban New Orleans legislator is revisiting the controversial idea of paying poor women to undergo sterilization.

State Representative John LaBruzzo told New Orleans Citybusiness, in an article published this week, that the program he is thinking about would be voluntary. It would pay poor women $1,000 to have their fallopian tubes tied.

LaBruzzo, a Metairie Republican, says the plan could slow the growth of welfare rolls. But critics of such plans have long said the idea is racist. Sheila Griffin, interim director of the New Orleans Women's Health Clinic, criticized the idea as targeting poor black women and said better proposals to aid the poor would be to raise the minimum wage while improving education, labor laws and health care.

Or expand prisons.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Sheila Griffin, interim director of the New Orleans Women's Health Clinic, criticized the idea as targeting poor black women and said better proposals to aid the poor would be to raise the minimum wage while improving education, labor laws and health care.

Hhhhmmmmmm.........Don't want to make minimum wage. Get a better job. Oh, I forgot. You dropped out of ******* skrewl in the 9th grade, so any kind of "improved education" would be meaningless to you. Thus, labor laws and employee provided health benefits don't apply.
    Stupid fuckin' n*^^@#!!!!:mad:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Copied and pasted for your enjoyment..

Total federal and state spending on welfare programs was $434 billion in FY 2000. Of that total, $313 billion (72 percent) came from federal funding and $121 billion (28 percent) came from state or local funds. (See Chart 1.)

Welfare spending is so large it is difficult to comprehend. On average, the annual cost of the welfare system amounts to around $5,600 in taxes from each household that paid federal income tax in 2000. Adjusting for inflation, the amount taxpayers now spend on welfare each year is greater than the value of the entire U.S. Gross National Product at the beginning of the 20th century.

This chart is fun to look at..It shows how the great Dim LBJ ramped up our welfare system...

test080101cht3.gif

If I had a time machine here would be a good place to start wiping out the welfare problem we have today.. And I could prolly smack around some hippies who are protesting Vietnam while I was there...Back then you could smack a hippie without fear of repercussion..

1968-hippie-dnc2.jpg

Id like to put a night stick up side this fuckers head..

clark_kerry_highlighted.jpg

Man I wish I had a time machine...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Top Bottom