laws on being caught with a concealed weapon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Depends on your vehicle, I reckon. I have a Dodge Ram w/ plenty of room between the seat belt and the back of the seat. No harder than drawing from any other seated position, which just takes practice.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Kind of late in the game, but the other day I heard a military policeman explain to someone that "your car is an extension of your home in Louisiana" and that as such "you can have a loaded gun in your car, hidden or not."

:)

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Depends on your vehicle, I reckon. I have a Dodge Ram w/ plenty of room between the seat belt and the back of the seat. No harder than drawing from any other seated position, which just takes practice.

Too hard in my 07 Accord because the seat hugs you into place, then there is that godforsaken console that gets in the way. I have seen some of the various vehicle mounts and those have sparked my interest. Now I just need to figure out where and how to mount a holster to make it easy to get to while driving.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Wow, I am surprised no one has ever mentioned this, but I do pose a question:

Do you know how hard it is to draw your IWB concealed handgun while in a vehicle?

I am sorry, but concealed carry while in the vehicle is virtually useless to me because my guns are too damn hard to get to while sitting down and belted in. That is why I put my CCW pistol between the passenger seat and console while driving!

And in my case, it depends on how fat you are. :eek3:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Wow, I am surprised no one has ever mentioned this, but I do pose a question:

Do you know how hard it is to draw your IWB concealed handgun while in a vehicle?

I am sorry, but concealed carry while in the vehicle is virtually useless to me because my guns are too damn hard to get to while sitting down and belted in. That is why I put my CCW pistol between the passenger seat and console while driving!
    --1+ I live in N.O. a lot of the time my hand is on the gun thats tucked between the seats.LOL.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've got a standard cab pickup. There's a center console that folds down. My .45 stays behind the passenger seat which can easily be reached since the console isn't in the way.
    The Keltec stays in the holster on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom