LDWF License Now On LA Wallet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I've been waiting for this to happen. It only made sense.

Now your fishing/hunting licenses are available on LA Wallet.

One of the better things this state has done for us.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I've been waiting for this to happen. It only made sense.

Now your fishing/hunting licenses are available on LA Wallet.

One of the better things this state has done for us.

I have carried the PDFs in my files for several years now. I assume this would be a similar thing.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Hey that's great!

Would it be naive to hope that's a sign that we'll be getting CHPs on there sooner or later as well? *sigh* dare to dream

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    You might still want to screenshot it. I've heard that the LA Wallet app won't load if you don't have cell or wifi connectivity.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You might still want to screenshot it. I've heard that the LA Wallet app won't load if you don't have cell or wifi connectivity.

Not sure where you heard that, but I just tried.

First I turned off Wifi, and Cellular Data.

Everything loaded and worked just fine. Driver's License, Covid Card and LDWF.

Next I set my phone to airplane mode, just to be sure.

Still worked.

So unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, I would tell your source that they are mistaken.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have carried the PDFs in my files for several years now. I assume this would be a similar thing.

This is an app that you load on your phone. It allows you to have a legal driver's license on your phone, along with your vaccination status and LWDF licenses, if you opt in.

The license is legal to drive with, should you forget your wallet at home, and is valid ID for the purchase of a firearm, (Yes I called the ATF and asked).

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I also tried mine in airplane mode and it worked fine. My source was an LDWF agent, so that's not likely to happen. Perhaps they've made some recent upgrades to the app.

I was also pleased to see that the HIP Permit shows up in the app too.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Digital age is great.
    But do you really want to hand over your phone for a stranger to peruse through?
    I'll stick to the real thing while it is still available.

Sorry I do not see an upside to the LA wallet.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Digital age is great.
    But do you really want to hand over your phone for a stranger to peruse through?
    I'll stick to the real thing while it is still available.

Sorry I do not see an upside to the LA wallet.

The upside is if you lose your wallet you have a legal backup. My girlfriend forgets everything all the time and there have been many occasions where she had to use the app to get into a bar or order alcohol. The downside is we went to a bar in Texas and they didn't accept the app when she forgot her physical ID since they had no idea what it was. At this time, only Louisiana businesses will recognize it and know what it is.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I’m not sure about how I feel handing a police officer my phone unlocked for him to take to his vehicle and run my information.

Not sure what you have on your phone, but the app has a 'verify me' feature that allows him/her to scan a barcode. Should be no reason to hand over your phone.

Never the less, . . . Me handing the popo my phone is a better alternative than jail, or a citation, should I not have my wallet on my person.

If you use it to purchase a firearm, I have to take possession of your phone, briefly, in order to make a copy of the image. All done under your watchful eye.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    According to the law , you are not required to " hand over your phone " . Edit to clarify ...

" The display of a digitized driver's license shall not serve as consent or
    authorization for a law enforcement officer, or any other person, to search, view, or
    access any other data or application on the mobile device. If a person presents their
    mobile device to a law enforcement officer for purposes of displaying their digitized
    driver's license, the law enforcement officer shall promptly return the mobile device
    to the person once he has had an opportunity to verify the identity and license status
    of the person. "

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    According to the law , you are not required to " hand over your phone " . Edit to clarify ...

" The display of a digitized driver's license shall not serve as consent or
    authorization for a law enforcement officer, or any other person, to search, view, or
    access any other data or application on the mobile device. If a person presents their
    mobile device to a law enforcement officer for purposes of displaying their digitized
    driver's license, the law enforcement officer shall promptly return the mobile device
    to the person once he has had an opportunity to verify the identity and license status
    of the person. "

Yes you are, that just states the LEO can’t search through your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I just tried it. First I had to update the app. Now for LDWF Licenses it says "Coming Soon". Not sure what is needed to see my licenses. Could be because I have a Lifetime Hunting and Fishing License.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I just tried it. First I had to update the app. Now for LDWF Licenses it says "Coming Soon". Not sure what is needed to see my licenses. Could be because I have a Lifetime Hunting and Fishing License.

I have the same issue and I have a lifetime as well. Mmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom