Lefty Holster?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbuzha

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    New Orleans
    Hey guys...new to the forum. Thanks to pangris for referring me...I'm the guy you ran into at the Baker Range the other day if you're reading. Wondering if anybody knew someplace with a good holster selection in the greater BR area. Checked everywhere I know in Baton Rouge already. Looking for a lefty brown leather Galco preferably with a thumb break and FBI cant for a 5'' 1911. Might have to order it but would rather get a look at it first. Thanks for the help this looks like a great site.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    It's nice to see another southpaw in here. +1 for what LSP said, Jim's is about as good as it's gonna get around here.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I dont know about local, but I bought a nice custom leather rig from Little Bear Holsters. It's a two man crew but they do good, fast work. Dave owns it and his lead time is about 2-3 weeks. Nice guy to work with. He's prior military and LEO and gives a discount for same. His prices are good too.

Texasflyboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    . Might have to order it but would rather get a look at it first.

If you decide to order, seriously consider this holster:

Classic Old West Styles 1911 4 Position Holster

The above link takes you to to an example in RIGHT HAND at Amazon. If you decide you like it, give Classic Old West Styles a phone call in El Paso, Texas and they will make you one in Left Hand.

I have this exact same model for my 1911's, High Powers and use it pretty much as my standard left hand holster when carrying. They even made me one for my Commander model.

The 4 positions are very versatile. Small of back, high strong side, low strong side, cant forward, cant back, cross draw.

For the cost, I have yet to find a more versatile holser for lefties on the market.

Contact Info:

Classic Old West Styles CO w S
    1712 Texas Ave
    El Paso, TX 79901
    (915) 587-0684

Warning: Do not attempt to Google the website. It got hacked over the Holidays and has not been restored. Just call them and tell them you want the Classic 4 position in Left Hand for a 1911. It will take 4 weeks or so to arrive. Well worth the wait.

Photos of the same style holster with my Browning High Power Mark III:

HP1.jpg

HP2.jpg

mbuzha

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the help. No luck at Jim's...or Bowie's...or BR Police Supply...or Hebert's...or Accurate. Strikeout. Where do I find out about Little Bear? They have a website? What am I looking at price-wise?

Top Bottom