Lesnar vs Carwin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Thread is a little late; last match of the night.

BTW: Harry Reid is in the front row.:rofl:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Don't care much for UFC. Just interested in this match really.

I originally picked Lesnar, so I'm sticking with that. But, I dunno....
    This match as been over-hyped IMO.

The only real draw is to see how Lensar fight someone of a similar size after coming off a near-death illness.

20100703010918_IMG_01042.JPG

:)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Lesnar wins by submission (arm triangle) - 2:19, 2nd Round

Was a pretty good fight. Carwin was kickin ass in the standup, but lesnar got a take down and with his size and strength, carwin really didn't know what to do.

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I wouldn't have wanted to be in there with either of them. LOL. It's amazing a guy can take punches like that and still come out victorious.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I thought it was over in the 1st. Lesnar took quite a beating. Good fight though. Carwin looked tired.

I figured lesnar would have to win it in the ground game. Carwin is an excellent striker, but he is where lesnar was when he first got in. Great striking, no ground game. Carwin isn't going anywhere, he'll work on it and be back for another couple of rounds in a few months.

dustinb34

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    slidell
    I have to say that this was one of the best cards ive seen in a long time. To me, every fight was a good one tonight. They faught there asses off. The lesnar fight was a pretty good match up. Both big guys and pretty evenly matched up. I always hated lesnar until I started watching his interviews on youtube. Hes a pretty normal guy with an ambition to win. Yes, a little cocky in the ring but otherwise a standup guy. $50 WELL spent.

Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    I really thought someone was going to get koed. I never expected lesnar to get mount then go into side control to put a choke on instead of trying to ground and pound.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    This fight was a joke the first round Lesnar was completely out of his enviroment scared like a little girl while getting pounded by Carwin, IF Carwin would have been able to provide a second round like he did on the first one he would have came out of that cage riding the white horse any day of the week, but he flat out left the fight mentally once the second round started and his heart was no longer fighting.

One thing is guaranteed Lesnar can be beatten with a fighter that has stand up game and endurance as he is used of people walking in the ring and submitting to him mentally, we seen that last night, he continues to be a champ but not for long Velasquez will break him down to pieces now that he knows the strategy that he needs to use to take that belt from him.

And thats the way the cookie crumbles :)

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That fight should have been called in the first round. Brock was being beat like a school girl. Any other fight would have been called off then.

Top Bottom