Leupold Delta Point Micro

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Anyone running the Delta Point Micro, thinking about putting one on my G19. It seems to have good reviews.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I've been back and forth on getting one for my sheild plus. I really want to see one in person before making a decision. To me, from the pictures, the tube looks to small to get a good sight picture in.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

LSUpete2023

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I wouldn’t get it for the price you’re paying for that just not worth it.

It’s right between a Holosun & Trijicon for price point.

This guy has done stress testing over the years with different optics and it really comes down to get a Holosun 507-509 or Trijicon RMR… the delta point pro wasn’t the worst performing but it didn’t touch those two and it isn’t the value

In that pdf just go to page 17 and look at the table of rounds fired and what happened. He really stress tested though with drops from shoulder height in concrete every 500 rounds and one handed manipulation… you can see some of his videos on YouTube…. If it’s a Glock 19 I’d get the 508T personally but if you can afford an RMR those are legit too… 509 I find a little too big for a pistol

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I am not a cop and I don't drop my guns on concrete for fun, every thing breaks, eventually. $300 gets me a red dot I can install myself on a stock slide and use stocks sights for backup. A new gun or slide or getting the slide milled, suppressor height sights would be twice that plus.

Last edited:

LSUpete2023

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I am not a cop and I don't drop my guns on concrete for fun, every thing breaks, eventually. $300 gets me a red dot I can install myself on a stock slide and use stocks sights for backup. A new gun or slide or getting the slide milled, suppressor height sights would be twice that plus.

You’re gonna spend $300 for something that you’ll later resent or only view as a range toy…. For a little more you can get the 507C on a dagger slide

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I shot it on the range yesterday. Very easy to acquire the dot, basically if you can see the front sight in the window you see the dot. It's like shooting irons without having to align the front and back sight.

TonyAngel

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I thought it was pretty cool. I don't know what was meant by the above reference to a sight picture. You should shoot it like any other red dot, with both eyes open. Still, there is no "looking through the tube," it's too small for that.

On the upside, it requires no permanent modifications to the firearm. The down sides are the small tube and that thingy hanging off of the back. It seems like it could be a point of failure.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Not sure what you mean by no looking through the tube. If you shoot both eye open and you have good presentation from the draw the tube size is irrelevant.

TonyAngel

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I guess I'm speaking a foreign language or something. You said that you shot with one. You should know what I'm talking about. Like I said. Leave both eyes open. Could you see through the tube? Pfft.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I guess I'm speaking a foreign language or something. You said that you shot with one. You should know what I'm talking about. Like I said. Leave both eyes open. Could you see through the tube? Pfft.
    Whatever.
    Seems everyone who have never shot with the Micro is an expert on it.

Top Bottom