Limit on posts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Oh I admit I’ve been part of a few and I know anyone can walk away from an argument. I know no matter who’s right or wrong, it’s all about participation, but always? I know better.

But James, it’s not enough to just know better. You have to do better.

I’m just pulling you chain you do you boo boo.

Bigchillin83

Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    come to think of it magdump, last time we met, looking back i can see you were clearly trying to get more comments in then me on the trade... your just a sucker for post/comments huh...:mamoru:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Oh I admit I’ve been part of a few and I know anyone can walk away from an argument. I know no matter who’s right or wrong, it’s all about participation, but always? I know better.

I guess always was the wrong word to use as I'm not keeping track, but seems like allot.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I am outraged by these baseless accusations thrown at the Bayou Shooter Legend known as "Magdump." And I demand action! Magdump Posts Matter! Perhaps we should start the MPM movement and riot through the streets. I, for one, will not stand for this aggression! Vote Kanye. Everyone who votes for the Birthday party will allegedly receive a free cake. Wait, what were we talking about? Free Magdump!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't understand why you can't be honest, magdump. You like conflict and you want to be the victim. This thread isn't about clarification. This thread is so people will read it and think "poor little innocent magdump is getting picked on again by a big mean bully." It's about you being the victim. If you truly wanted clarification, you'd have gone to the source. In fact, you got clarification from the source. I said "It’s my opinion based on my observations" and I left it at that.

But rather than accept the clarification, you created a new thread to get people's attention. And because it's tough to be the victim of an observation, you changed observation to accusation. So now the big mean bully is accusing that poor little innocent magdump of something. And what exactly were you "accused" of? "It seems he tries to post in almost every thread..." When I read this thread this morning, I looked at all the threads that had been active over the previous 24 hours. Disregarding the ads, you posted in 75% of them. I don't know what your threshold is for "almost all," but I'd suggest that 75% has got to be close to that threshold. But that's subjective.

A couple of hours after you came back from your 3 day hiatus, you resurrected a thread about a list of gun owners that had been inactive for about 2 months to post a YouTube video of a guy talking about a proposed law. Not satisfied with only having the video posted, you edited the post 5 minutes later to do some trolling. "Sorry for folks who can deny something staring them in the face." I replied and took a neutral stance. A lot of people, myself included, believe that others want a list to be created but the desire to have a list does not prove the list currently exists and it doesn't prove the list doesn't exist. Your super informative reply was to tell me that the tile of the thread has a question mark.

Speaking of your hiatus, let's look at the last piece of straw that brought it about. In a thread about gun ranges, you posted how if someone had advocated a technique you had advocated, it would be a wreck in the gun range thread. You tried to bring the conflict of a closed thread into an open thread with a completely different topic and eluded to how you were persecuted.

So do your posts add anything to a thread? Sometimes they add good information. Sometimes it’s bad information. Sometimes it’s neither. But, again, that’s a subjective observation.

Are you posting excessively to get your post count up? Well, your excessive posting must be for a reason. Obtaining a high post could seems like a viable reason. Or maybe it's because you like getting attention. I'd say it's to contribute but then I see posts about punctuation marks.

People are not out to get you. In fact, I even step up for you when you are in the right.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?193825&p=1732540

Someone reported your last post as bumping an ad to mark it as sold. If I were out to get you, I'd probably have just kept my mouth shut. But since I'm not and I treat you as fairly as I tread anyone else, I explained why you hadn't broken the marketplace rules.

fmorfyt5vns2ise2egbf.png

Stop with the trolling. Stop trying to get people to react. You think that if you don't mention a name, it's all good. It's not. It's still trolling.

You wanted clarification. There you go. Do with the information what you want. I have my speculations on how you'll react but you might surprise me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think that about sums it up.

Your recent vacation was due to having three infractions and five warnings. Most people get one warning and then infractions after that. Clearly you aren't being targeted.

The problem is that you stir the pot, but then get annoyed when people stir it back your way.

Also, calling out others and "throwing shade" in threads that are unrelated is trolling.

If you get called out for posting bad information, just deal with it and don't try to backpeddle. We can all do our part to stop the spread of incorrect, inaccurate, bad information.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    t​
    I didn’t ask about a ban, but thanks for all that attention.
    I just asked if there’s a limit on posts.
    Also, if you don’t want me posting videos related to potential gun laws and bills on the table just say so or close the thread.
    Also Perez, thanks for correcting whomever is watching so close for me to slip up. You say a lot of things and put my name on it but I didn’t say those things. Did you read someone else’s post maybe? I didn’t say you were out to get me.
    Seriously though, if there’s not a rule, can anyone give me an estimate as to what’s considered excessive posting?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    t​
    I didn’t ask about a ban, but thanks for all that attention.
    I just asked if there’s a limit on posts.
    Also, if you don’t want me posting videos related to potential gun laws and bills on the table just say so or close the thread.
    Also Perez, thanks for correcting whomever is watching so close for me to slip up. You say a lot of things and put my name on it but I didn’t say those things. Did you read someone else’s post maybe? I didn’t say you were out to get me.
    Seriously though, if there’s not a rule, can anyone give me an estimate as to what’s considered excessive posting?

If you were only asking about limits on posts, you would only have asked about limits on posts.

Posting the video wasn't the issue. Talking about the time to skip to wasn't the issue. The trolling was. Again, it seems you incorrectly believe that not mentioning a name makes it ok.

I'm sure everyone will be glad to hear that you recognize you aren't being singled out and that you are being treated as fairly as everyone else.

I would say posting to let someone know there is a question mark in the thread title would be an example of an unnecessary, and therefore excessive, post.

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What's the point of this thread?

There is no post limit.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    What's the point of this thread?

There is no post limit.
    There is no post limit and there is no metric for posting too much.

This is a discussion board. We are pretty loose with not forcing people to /not/ detract from discussions. But we have to keep some civility here and can definitely ask people to not unnecessarily make silly comments to thread.

If your only question is regarding post limits, the answer is no. Any other questions?

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is no post limit and there is no metric for posting too much.

This is a discussion board. We are pretty loose with not forcing people to /not/ detract from discussions. But we have to keep some civility here and can definitely ask people to not unnecessarily make silly comments to thread.

If your only question is regarding post limits, the answer is no. Any other questions?

Would you agree that off topic and drive by comments in technical discussions detract from the discussion and inevitably cause unnecessary arguments?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Would you agree that off topic and drive by comments in technical discussions detract from the discussion and inevitably cause unnecessary arguments?
    Yes.

ozarkpugs

Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I am not saying anyone is picking on Magdump but what is fair for one should be fair for all . Recently a couple of members misquoted mag and myself . One stated building an AR lower was a piece of cake and the other incorrectly attributed the cake reference to me and ran with it . Those members failed to back up their claims and just kept making rediculas statements and misquotes It became very obvious there was some kind of bromance going on between them . When it became obvious they were not capable of having an intelligent discussion the response was to shut the discussion down . When one of about 4 of you post about something or disagree with someone else's opinion it is a given which other members are going to be there backing him up .
    Of course they didn't let it lay and made snide remarks and references in posts soon after . Wonder why administrators just let that slide. Could be if a couple of arrogant sexual intellectual types got put on time out for belittling people that are not impressed with their knowledge, or lack of, it would be a better site and more people would join into the conversations .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am not saying anyone is picking on Magdump but what is fair for one should be fair for all . Recently a couple of members misquoted mag and myself . One stated building an AR lower was a piece of cake and the other incorrectly attributed the cake reference to me and ran with it . Those members failed to back up their claims and just kept making rediculas statements and misquotes It became very obvious there was some kind of bromance going on between them . When it became obvious they were not capable of having an intelligent discussion the response was to shut the discussion down . When one of about 4 of you post about something or disagree with someone else's opinion it is a given which other members are going to be there backing him up .
    Of course they didn't let it lay and made snide remarks and references in posts soon after . Wonder why administrators just let that slide. Could be if a couple of arrogant sexual intellectual types got put on time out for belittling people that are not impressed with their knowledge, or lack of, it would be a better site and more people would join into the conversations .

You're being very vague. Are you saying that some people are being treated differently? If so, who? And by who? And could you provide a concrete example of that happening?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    You're being very vague. Are you saying that some people are being treated differently? If so, who? And by who? And could you provide a concrete example of that happening?
    Additionally, can you clarify what a "sexual intellectual" is, please?

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    What did I miss?

So yeah, there was this one dude trying to remove a speck from this other dude's eye but he couldn't see the speck very well and the reason he couldn't see the speck in the other dude's eye was cause he had like this beam stuck in his own eye -it was wicked man, totally wicked.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So yeah, there was this one dude trying to remove a speck from this other dude's eye but he couldn't see the speck very well and the reason he couldn't see the speck in the other dude's eye was cause he had like this beam stuck in his own eye -it was wicked man, totally wicked.

We got to 4 pages about a damn speck in the eye? I'm not reading through this crap lol

I'm just here to run my post count up....

Top Bottom