Long Gun Transfer FTF to Out Of State Individual

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Need some knowledgeable input on necessities for the legal sale of a long gun sale FTF transaction w/ a Mississippi resident. Is an FFL transfer absolutely necessary?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Need some knowledgeable input on necessities for the legal sale of a long gun sale FTF transaction w/ a Mississippi resident. Is an FFL transfer absolutely necessary?

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee’s state of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee’s state of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.
    Thanks for the link and info

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA

FFL needs to be involved. If you want to do face-to-face, you can both meet at an FFL in LA or MS to do the transfer. I've done it both ways - traveled to a MS FFL and had an AR resident meet me at a LA FFL.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    FFL needs to be involved. If you want to do face-to-face, you can both meet at an FFL in LA or MS to do the transfer. I've done it both ways - traveled to a MS FFL and had an AR resident meet me at a LA FFL.
    Thanks - good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom